PDA

View Full Version : happy new carb free year

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zoran
Wed, Jan-02-13, 21:49
Hi everyone :wave:
Since getting a bummer neurological disorder I have been forced to take a cocktail of potent pain meds for life. The problem is I crave sugar and carbs non stop due to the meds and have piled on the kilos partially because I dont get around like a use to.

It doesn't help that I live in Thailand with rice being a huge part of the diet although I dont know why Thais seem unaffected by it :)

nice to meet you all!

c_harris
Wed, Jan-02-13, 23:31
Welcome! I was prescribed meds for pain management that have the side effect of carb craving. These cravings usually have me going INSANE until I get carbs and I actually get kind of mean :/. The docs recently upped my dosage so I was thinking "Oh joy, the cravings are going to get worse." They've actually subsided. I don't know why...but I'm thankful.

I currently live in Okinawa, Japan! So we're close! Rice is a big staple here, as well...and noodles. I'm going to miss my curry and ramen!

becky7474
Thu, Jan-03-13, 09:52
Welcome! :wave:

slmrickman
Sat, Jan-05-13, 23:20
welcome..........

zoran
Sun, Jan-06-13, 04:59
Welcome! :wave:

"Remember, obesity is not a disorder of over-eating or under-moving. It’s a disorder of fat accumulation" Peter Attia

Hi Becky, thats interesting. Does that mean you dont need to move and by eating correctly you wont put on weight? kind of explains elderly people barely walking but not over wieght