PDA

View Full Version : hello :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

c_harris
Sun, Dec-30-12, 06:49
Hi, my name is Cortney, and I'll be starting my low carb lifestyle tomorrow! This is not the first time I've done this...about 3 years ago I low carbed for about 8 months straight and lost about 40 lbs. Unfortunately I moved to Japan with my husband and the food here (ramen...curry...) is ridiculously amazing, and not only did I put on the weight I lost...but an extra 20 lbs.

I've had a host of health issues that cleared up almost completely when I was low-carbing before but have resurfaced with a vengeance. I'm hoping that they'll clear up once again...and take my extra weight with them!

I will be doing lots of cardio and resistance training as well :)

Kittenann
Sun, Dec-30-12, 07:18
Welcome! :wave:

becky7474
Sun, Dec-30-12, 08:19
Welcome! :wave:

ringamajig
Sun, Dec-30-12, 09:09
Welcome Courtney!

Tons of great advise and support on this site with lots of very nice people too.
:agree:
I also, lost all my weight in 2010, and have in the last year put it all back on plus some! All my old health problems have resurfaced as well. :(

I am starting out fresh in 2013, we can do this! :)

Rox

slmrickman
Sun, Dec-30-12, 12:21
welcome..............

Elizellen
Sun, Dec-30-12, 12:32
Welcome to the forums, Cortney! :wave:

I hope those returned health issues disappear quickly this time around! :thup:

GlendaRC
Sun, Dec-30-12, 13:48
Welcome Cortney. Best wishes on your journey to a healthier you!!

c_harris
Mon, Dec-31-12, 08:05
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Rox- Do you think it's really carb related or just coincidence? I'm really curious to see if it really is carb related! I can't wait for the next few weeks to tell. If carbs are what's causing my pain and other issues, then I will be taking that directly to my doctors and see if that can narrow anything down for them.