PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

triplestep
Thu, Dec-27-12, 10:28
I used to poke around here years ago, but was never really active. (Promise to try to change that this time around :o ) I just started South Beach Diet, and their message boards don't seem nearly as active as I remember these being, so ... Hello!

I am 49, live in Rhode Island, and have commuted an hour to a demanding job for 3 1/2 years which has really impacted my health and weight. (I was overweight to begin with, but now have about 80 -90 lbs. to lose). I live with my husband and two kids; one in high school and one back home after college, so I am not really chief cook and bottle washer like I was years ago. (My husband does more of the shopping and cooking than I do, truth be told.) I would like to have more meals together, though, and I am hoping SBD will help with that, too. (I'm the only one with a weight issue, but no reason they can't eat what I eat!) I found myself with two weeks of "use it or lose it" vacation at the end of the year, and it's been a great time to introduce some changes.

Looking forward to meeting many of you!

slmrickman
Thu, Dec-27-12, 17:31
welcome....

becky7474
Fri, Dec-28-12, 08:14
Welcome!! :wave:

haleman07
Mon, Dec-31-12, 11:27
I used to poke around here years ago, but was never really active. (Promise to try to change that this time around :o ) I just started South Beach Diet, and their message boards don't seem nearly as active as I remember these being, so ... Hello!

I am 49, live in Rhode Island, and have commuted an hour to a demanding job for 3 1/2 years which has really impacted my health and weight. (I was overweight to begin with, but now have about 80 -90 lbs. to lose). I live with my husband and two kids; one in high school and one back home after college, so I am not really chief cook and bottle washer like I was years ago. (My husband does more of the shopping and cooking than I do, truth be told.) I would like to have more meals together, though, and I am hoping SBD will help with that, too. (I'm the only one with a weight issue, but no reason they can't eat what I eat!) I found myself with two weeks of "use it or lose it" vacation at the end of the year, and it's been a great time to introduce some changes.

Looking forward to meeting many of you!
I also found that having time off from work is the best time to begin new habbits. I have about 40 pounds to lose and Im doing it with my sister who has 100 pounds to lose. I believe support from others is huge! I work in a college and I am using the semester break to get this off the ground. Best of luck to you - can't wait to here your progress.