PDA

View Full Version : How is my induction diet - New!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fithouse2
Fri, Dec-21-12, 09:09
Hi guys/gals:

I am new to low carb. I read atkins and put together a good plan.

I started on December 18, 2012 at 225 lbs. This morning (December 21, 2012) I weighed in at 220.5 lbs. I am sure its wall water, but great nonetheless.

My goal is to reach 155 lbs. I am going to walk about 10-15 minutes every day and lift weights on Mondays and Wednesdays.

I plan on staying on an induction diet until I reach 200 lbs and then I will move on to other steps.

Here is the typical diet I have been eating. Actually, I ate it for the last 3 days. Its very tolerable. I know it lacks enough vegetables, but I am also trying to be realistic and stick to the plan in a way I know I won't give up.

Breakfast:
2 jumbo eggs, fried with butter cooking spray
1/2 of a avocado

Lunch:
1 can of chunk lite tuna, mixed with 1 serving of regular fat mayo
1 serving of pork rhinds with 2 tbl spoons of sour cream

Dinner:
4 oz of beef liver fried or broiled with 1 tbl spoon of unsalted butter
4 oz of hard cheese (i.e., hard sharp or cheddar)

Snack:
2 jumbo eggs fried in a butter spray
5 olives

I also drink about 2 cups of black tea a day

This is keeping me very satisfied and amazingly easy.

My breakdown looks like this accorind to fitday:

1560 calories
109 grams of fat
122 grams of protein
17 total carbs
5 grams of fiber

Like I said above, I know its missing veggies, but I don't like veggies and can't force myself. I also take 1 multi-vitamin a day.

--

Can I get some feedback regarding this? Thanks!

becky7474
Fri, Dec-21-12, 09:20
Welcome! :wave:

gonwtwindo
Fri, Dec-21-12, 14:13
You should lose fast on that. Keep in mind that the lower your weight gets, the less calories you *may* need. But this level should work for the first 30-40 lbs....maybe more...

slmrickman
Sat, Dec-22-12, 10:46
Great plan.....Drink lots of water

femur
Sat, Dec-22-12, 14:28
Green leafies won't add significantly to your calorie/carb counts but will add a lot of important nutrients, especially the very dark leaves like kale, turnip greens, mustard greens, etc.

Since you cook your fats, you could saute these up with your beef liver and they would be delicious that way. :P

Aradasky
Sat, Dec-22-12, 17:39
HI Fithouse. Good to have you here. This is one low carb way of eating, and if you have never liked nor eaten vegies then hey, what the heck, if you can keep it up. I like some veges for the flavors they bring. Your calories look very good for now, and if you do not hit a stall, then keep on going. If you do hit a stall, cut calories by cutting back on the protein, it is a bit high.

You are doing good on the exercise.

Be sure to have salt in there, by using/drinking broth or adding it to some of the eater you drink. You will need it when you hit the flu-like symptoms and for other reasons.

It looks like you have read one of the Atkins books?

fithouse2
Sun, Dec-23-12, 11:45
Green leafies won't add significantly to your calorie/carb counts but will add a lot of important nutrients, especially the very dark leaves like kale, turnip greens, mustard greens, etc.

Since you cook your fats, you could saute these up with your beef liver and they would be delicious that way. :P

That's a good idea. I wouldn't mind some turnip greens actually, lol.

fithouse2
Sun, Dec-23-12, 11:47
HI Fithouse. Good to have you here. This is one low carb way of eating, and if you have never liked nor eaten vegies then hey, what the heck, if you can keep it up. I like some veges for the flavors they bring. Your calories look very good for now, and if you do not hit a stall, then keep on going. If you do hit a stall, cut calories by cutting back on the protein, it is a bit high.

You are doing good on the exercise.

Be sure to have salt in there, by using/drinking broth or adding it to some of the eater you drink. You will need it when you hit the flu-like symptoms and for other reasons.

It looks like you have read one of the Atkins books?

Thanks! I am trying to keep the exercise moderate so I don't over-push myself when the flu symptoms hit.

So far, all I experienced is a little tiredness, which I think might also be the cut back on caffeine. I am also needing to pee a bit more, especially during the night (sorry for the tmi).

I did read one of the older books. I picked up some other information from reading the forum before I joined.

kathleen24
Sun, Jan-13-13, 15:57
You may think about adding some kind of fiber, esp. with the daily consumption of 4 oz. of cheese. The water will help, of course. (Been said, but bears repeating.)

A few suggestions: do some research into the importance of micronutrients. You're making a great investment into thoughtful eating and exercising, and I'm sure it will pay off for you. This is one more step you can take to safeguard/improve your health while you're at it.

My mother was a terrible cook. Veggies were served from cans, and overcooked and horrible. It wasn't until I was a young adult that I tried fresh, steamed broccoli and found out I loved it (still do). Served with a little grated cheese on top? Yum. Soups and stews with carrots, celery, onion, etc., also yum.

I'd encourage you to choose to have an open mind to the possibility--it may be that there's something out there that you can eat. Take a look through the recipe section and see if anything appeals to you. Maybe some fried onions with that liver once in awhile? Mmmmm . . . You might also consider trying to drink your veggies. Also found this in the recipes forum, compliments of frisbena:

Could I suggest a vitamix? It pulverizes fruits and veggies into a juice but you still get all of the fiber and it is a hell of alot cheaper in the long run. Also much easier to clean. I use my vitamix everyday to make my green smoothie: Avocado, 3 cups of baby spinach (or another green), protein powder, greek yogurt and water. 30 seconds and it is done and as smooth as can be. I also make soups in it all the time. MUCH better use of your money I think.

Best of luck with your low-carb program, and in achieving your goals.

kmomto10
Sun, Jan-13-13, 16:51
Once way you may be able to stomach veggies since you aren't a big fan is in soup.
Make a low carb soup. Take out the meat and puree the broth and veggies in blender or food processor until they are smooth, add a little cream maybe. Add meat back in. eat.

typod360
Mon, Jan-14-13, 08:27
Just wanted to pop-in and say Welcome! All good suggestions so far, just keep at it. It really does get easier as you go! Best of luck to you!