PDA

View Full Version : Hello, looking foward to the journey.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

greenbaby
Sun, Dec-16-12, 15:14
Hello,

My name is Sarah; I am 22 and live in New Mexico with my fiancée. I originally went on LC (Atkins) when I was 15 at the urging of my mother, and while it worked for me I just wanted to be like normal girls and eat what I wanted...if I could take that back I would be 100 pounds or more lighter at this point.

This May I developed lower back problems, the doctors have no clue what is wrong with me and think I am making it up (I am only 22 after all) but I cannot help but blame my whopping 311 pounds (on a 5'9" frame) for this recent trouble.

So now I am back. My scheduled start day is December 26th (atkins), but I am already biting at the bit and have half a mind to start now. I am currently reading DANDR, and have been lurking for over a month now. I think it is finally time to join and get this show on the road!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

slmrickman
Sun, Dec-16-12, 17:44
Welcome Sarah....You have made a life changing decision...You will be happier and healthier

GlendaRC
Sun, Dec-16-12, 18:08
Welcome Sarah -- I wish you much success on this journey to a healthier future! If you start now, you just might be over the worst of the withdrawal symptoms by Christmas. And you'll be able to enjoy your turkey dinner and brussels sprouts or broccoli with butter.

JoreyTK
Mon, Dec-17-12, 08:28
Welcome Sarah, if you need to start on the 26th then do that but if you want to start now then know if you can make it through the holiday season, then you can probably do it for the long haul! Best of luck to you!

becky7474
Mon, Dec-17-12, 09:25
Welcome! :wave: Start today :p

greenbaby
Mon, Dec-17-12, 09:40
To be honest after tomorrow I will be mostly low carb anyway. I promised my honey a last visit to the local Italian place before I start, today is the last day of coke, quit the pop tarts for breakfast this morning (they started tasting too sweet), and already on low carb for lunch and dinner. Need to get the shopping done though to get prepared for snacking which will probably get done tomorrow to start Wen.