PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone! :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Abburs
Tue, Nov-13-12, 23:16
:wave:

I've been lurking off and on around here for months, reading and reading my way though a few of the threads. All of you are so wonderful! I finally decided to hop on the bandwagon and join in on what seems to be a very encouraging and insightful community.

In the past, I've tried out diets, dieting pills, and starvation (not really, but just about) with lots of exercise with no success at all. I -felt- like I was starving (which was probably just me wanting to eat everything in sight). I tried the Atkins low-carb thing a few months ago for a week, and I loved the way I felt after the first few days. However, I strayed. As soon as I went to Albertson's to go shopping, I saw a package of cinnamon buns on sale (that I had been craving for months -- and suddenly my craving for them was magnified 100x), 10 for $10. Of course I had to grab them and completely mess up what I was doing.

I'm back on the Induction phase now, motivated and ready to go! Super excited after reading what everyone's had to say and their success stories, struggles, etc..

Congratulations to all of you and thank you for boosting my confidence with this low-carb lifestyle! I've tried everything under the sun, and nothing has worked except for this. I lost 7 lbs. in the first week the last time. I'm more focused this time, ready to lose the tires I've acquired the last 26 years, ready to meet some new people, and read some more encouraging threads! :)

LittleZu
Wed, Nov-14-12, 09:18
Hi and welcome to the forums! I'm glad you decided to give it another go after your intial backslide- it happens to a lot of people. You sound pretty determined to try again, which is great! Those cinnamon buns won't call your name so badly once you're a few weeks in. :)

Just wanted to say hello and good luck!