PDA

View Full Version : Starting New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tue, Nov-06-12, 20:10
Hi!
I lost about 45lbs about a year and half ago doing lo carb and VLCD. I gained back quite a bit after going crazy on the wrong foods getting off the VLCD. Then gradually lost some by just eating right to get to the weight range I am now.

Have a friend who is doing the Ketogenic Diet through her doctor and having great success. Decided to join her journey.
Today is day 2 and was down 2lbs this AM.

*I need some advice though...having leg issues last night (almost like restlessleg syndrome) and insomnia (took Melatonin) and had some knee joint pain today. Had issues with shoulder joint pain the first week on the VLCD and continued foot cramps - is this common with Lo Carb?

Thanks

Michaelk
Tue, Nov-06-12, 20:19
It is common. Make sure you drink plenty of water and take a supplement. A little extra salt in your diet can help.

I get this restless leg problem. I notice it more when I don't drink enough water.

Sat, Nov-10-12, 11:10
Thanks! It worked. Feel great now.