PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brenda1955
Sun, Oct-21-12, 15:29
OK, I'm new here, found it by accident. I'm almost 57 and this is the 3rd or 4 th time doing low carb. I originally used it at 39, went from 276 to 178 in 6 months. Maintained fot most of my life since, but have had a few swings. I am now up to 192 from 174 6 months ago, so time to get going. Been on it a week, only lost 1 pound. I am type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure. Maybe that's why slow go, but more likely my daily intake of koolaid (with splenda). Any one out there around my age and "infirmities" having success? Any pointers? It is easier to lose when you are younger, no doubt, but just thought I'd see how many may be like me. Thanks! Can't stay signed on like most, computer too old, but I can for about 10 min. at a time. Thanks all!

slmrickman
Sun, Oct-21-12, 18:42
Welcome Brenda....I dont know about younger people losing faster but I am 53 and my age had me a little concerned so I just worked harder and I lost pretty fast and consistant

becky7474
Mon, Oct-22-12, 07:20
Welcome! :wave:

Lulumae
Mon, Oct-22-12, 08:01
Hi there! I am 57 and started LC this summer. I did do something like it before once, in my thirties. I'm not finding it slower this time, all things considered. I'm losing about a pound a week, which is good enough for me, especially as I allow myself a couple of glasses of wine with dinner most days. There's no other plan that works that well. I failed dismally with WW (although I know it can work). LC is just amazing.