PDA

View Full Version : I know this WOL works

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

steph0203
Mon, Oct-15-12, 06:39
I've done lc before. Lost fifty lbs or more. Here I am again. Back for another round but so much wiser and aware of my own body issues. I buried my mother in July. Her lifelong abuse of her body finally won. My dad was diagnosed at the same timeframe with stage four pancreatic cancer. I have had to really examine my own health habits and the future that lies in store if I stay on this path. I spent a great deal of money working with a nutritionist this last year. Lost 30 lbs in six months. I worked my butt off and hit an unmovable plateau. I felt hungry a lot. I lost differently than when I lost on lc. I was "squishier". I have held the weight off mostly until this last month where sugar has been my coping tool. I've gained 7 lbs back in a month. It's time. I'm hungry. I'm tired. I'm ready to accept what my body needs and how it truly functions best. I want to finish my life feeling good and being happy. Eating makes me happy sometimes so eating right is essential. I don't want to become a gym rat. I want to move my body because I feel like it and because it feels good to move. Here I go. . .

becky7474
Mon, Oct-15-12, 06:55
Welcome! :wave:

Find somethng else that makes you happy. Using food as a reward can set you up for failure.

Chris_D
Mon, Oct-15-12, 09:39
Welcome!

With your determination and focus, you will succeed! YOU'RE WORTH EVERY EFFORT!!

Don't let the sugar demons win!

Best wishes on a happy & healthy journey to the new YOU!!

WereBear
Mon, Oct-15-12, 09:57
Sugar. Like so many mood-altering substances, it sets you up for a crash after, and winds up making things worse.

My condolences on the loss of your mom.

slmrickman
Mon, Oct-15-12, 10:28
Welcome.....You can find some exercise you enjoy and is beneficial without becoming a gym rat...Eating lc along with some daily exercise like walking will not only improve health and make you feel great but has an added bonus of weight loss.............

marcus_45
Tue, Oct-16-12, 03:32
Sorry about your mother :(, but good luck with your balance :)