PDA

View Full Version : Back to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jreynolds2
Thu, Oct-11-12, 12:45
I am wanting to become more involved in the online low carb community because I need some support to lose weight!

I lost quite a bit of weight this year loosely following a low carb plan. Mostly just cutting out high carb items (grains, rice, potatoes), limiting high sugar fruits, and not worrying too much about everything else, like most vegetables, low sugar fruits, protein and fat. I actually lost about 25 lbs at my lowest!

However, stress has definitely caused me to lose control over the recent months and I've gained about 15 lbs back. I'm back in college full time after a 5 year hiatus, I work full time, and I'm planning my spring wedding. On top of that, I've had serious problems with binge eating for years. All the stress and lack of sleep is too much at times and I end up eating enormous amounts of junk food to deal with it.

So, I've talked to my doctor this week and she actually encouraged me to kick the grains, sugar, and starch to get back on track (I have an awesome doctor). I am hoping to find support here to help me through these tough times. I want to become a success story :)

becky7474
Thu, Oct-11-12, 15:41
Welcome! :wave:

Kelly_L
Thu, Oct-11-12, 17:13
Welcome back, lots of great people and support here. The best thing to do is start a journal and join some of the challenges.

slmrickman
Thu, Oct-11-12, 17:48
Welcome back..................

Kittenann
Thu, Oct-11-12, 17:58
Welcome :wave: