PDA

View Full Version : New here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dccc
Wed, Oct-03-12, 10:10
I my name is Catherine. I found out I was type 2 diabetic in Jan. and immediately went on low carb. Just found this site and hope to visit every day. Have already lost 65lbs in 9months.

Elizellen
Wed, Oct-03-12, 10:27
Welcome to the board, Catherine! :wave:
Congratulations on your progress to date! :thup:

Have you noticed any improvement in your blood tests re your diabetes after eating lowcarb?

bkloots
Wed, Oct-03-12, 10:45
Welcome to a great conversation. See discussions pertaining especially to diabetes issues.

Congrats on doing so well. Did your doctor prescribe low-carb? If so, you've got a good one.

IrishDawn
Wed, Oct-03-12, 17:03
Congratulations on your progress, it's truly impressive! I have Type 2 Diabetes also and I remember thinking "Good grief, I've actually eaten my way into a disease". Nice to meet you, I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Dawn

slmrickman
Wed, Oct-03-12, 17:36
Welcome....Great job so far you should be very proud of yourself

sondora88
Thu, Oct-04-12, 07:46
Welcome & congratulations on your weight loss so far!!

dccc
Thu, Oct-04-12, 14:43
Welcome to the board, Catherine! :wave:
Congratulations on your progress to date! :thup:

Have you noticed any improvement in your blood tests re your diabetes after eating lowcarb?

My a1c at dx was 7.2, in 3 months it dropped to 5.4.

dccc
Thu, Oct-04-12, 14:45
Welcome to a great conversation. See discussions pertaining especially to diabetes issues.

Congrats on doing so well. Did your doctor prescribe low-carb? If so, you've got a good one.

He didn't prescribe it but when I went back for my checkup and told him what I was doing and the forum I was on, he is familiar with both and is wholehardly for it. (Sorry the one I'm seeing now is not the same that dx me).

SuzyQ0902
Sun, Oct-07-12, 08:52
Wow! You are doing great!

Welcome to the forums!

SuzyQ