PDA

View Full Version : fatmomslim

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fatmomslim
Thu, Sep-27-12, 12:27
I am trying Atkins again!!!! I exercise at least 2 hours per day ( A spin class and body conditioning ) BUT>>>>>> man do I eat for England. Its sweets, chocolate, cake and my big down fall Red Wine and Fizzy. I have many friends work out for more than 3 hours per day. Let me tell you.......... What you eat is VERY important. Don't be fooled..... exercise helps but it can't do all the work. Both my kids are 3rd med students so I know all about nutrition BUT knowing is different from doing.So day 1 begins tomorrow. I have a big holiday coming up in December,hope the 40 pounds will have gone by then :yum:

becky7474
Thu, Sep-27-12, 14:44
Welcome! :wave:

Tb728
Thu, Sep-27-12, 15:52
Hi everyone! I started atkins induction on 9/7/12. I'm in active ketosis. I'm only down 2 lbs. I am 315 lbs and 5'4. I have not cheated once! I'm drinking over 120 oz water daily. Increase my activity now that my atkins flu is over. I'm so confused! My calories range from 1100 to 1300. No caffeine or atkins bars. Protein around 130. I'm not overdoing my fat. What am I doing wrong? I'm dedicated but need guidance :lol: :help:

Kirsteen
Thu, Sep-27-12, 16:27
Hi there and welcome to you both.

Tb728, sometimes it takes a bit longer for the weight-loss to start, however, I think you might be eating too much protein and too few calories. If you eat normal portions of meat, oily fish, eggs etc., (e.g. 3-5oz meat/fish etc. per meal) and add low-carb veggies/fruit to that, along with an appropriate amount of butter or oil to bring your calories up to an adequate amount, then you might see quicker results. You probably need more calories than you're eating too - I'd think you could eat 1800 or more, but limit the protein to around 30% of your calories. Take a look at this calculator:

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/nutrientCalc.php

Can I suggest that you post on the main low-carb or Atkins section in this forum, so more people will see your question.. Outlining your menu, including portion sizes, for the last week would probably help people to make suggestions.

Stick at it, and good luck. You're not alone with the slow weight-loss - lots of us here take ages to lose weight. Check out a success story which was just posted tonight: "27.5 lbs in 6 or 7 years". Someone finally achieved their weight-loss goal - at a rate of about 4lbs per year. I love that story. :D

fatmomslim
Fri, Sep-28-12, 02:41
Well done to you for sticking with it. Hang in there it will happen.

fatmomslim
Fri, Sep-28-12, 02:42
Thanks for the information. I need all the support I can get.

fatmomslim
Fri, Sep-28-12, 02:43
Thanks for the support

anchor
Fri, Sep-28-12, 03:37
fatmomslim thats a big big ask 40lbs by december is it not?
i,ve lost 21lbs in 6 weeks right enough but think it maybe a struggle to get another 9 by xmas.ive did this before and found there is no need for exercise in fact it can derail you .my tip to you is coconut oil less protein more fat[coconut oil] i eat it before each meal to make the meal more fatty...this is from someone who eats for scotland lol

bkloots
Fri, Sep-28-12, 09:20
Hi, fatmomslim. I agree with anchor. One of the best ways to sabotage your plan for change is to set unreachable expectations. 40 lbs. by Dec. 31 is almost 3 lb. per week. Not going to happen.

A couple of suggestions:
--back off on the exercise. It will take your body a couple of weeks (or more) to adjust to low-carb. Try sticking with a couple of resistance training sessions per week, and moderate cardio 2-3 days.
--low-carb will curb your appetite for sweets and everything else.
--resolve to stick with the plan for at least six months.

Keep in mind that it's about health for life, not about slim for Christmas.

Best wishes.