PDA

View Full Version : Hello from England

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

iseethesun
Wed, Sep-12-12, 08:53
Hi all

Have decided to try the atkins diet. Really am sick and tired of being fat :(
I hope to find some support here and maybe even make new friends.

Mia x

Lulumae
Wed, Sep-12-12, 09:12
Dear Mia, I am English but don't live there now. I am quite new on LC and on these forums but I am now utterly convinced that low carb is the best way to lose weight without feeling hungry and deprived. I really hope it works for you.

becky7474
Wed, Sep-12-12, 10:23
Welcome! :wave:

Jacczi
Wed, Sep-12-12, 12:55
Hi Mia,
Welcome, I've been doing lc for about 2 months now and loving it!
Where are you in England? I'm in Worcestershire.
Jacci x

mviesprite
Wed, Sep-12-12, 21:42
Welcome Mia and you too Lulumae and Jacczi :)
You will find so much support and help here. There is so much info and great people. Poke around in journals - start one for yourself. People come visit you and offer support and advice which is usually very good.
Good luck on your journies in LC land...I agree - it is the fastest and easiest way I've ever lost weight.
Kat

iseethesun
Thu, Sep-13-12, 00:35
good morning all!

Thank you lulumae, becky, jacczi and kat for the lovely welcome :)

I have been on a low carn diet before and lost lots of weight but then as soon as i started carbs again (I ate loads and loads) I put it all back on again :(
Really hope I can change my whole way of eating for good this time... im quite a loner so did all this dieting without support... but decided that i want to try something different this time and reach out to peeps. I might start and journal!

Jacczi I live in bedfordshire :)

mia

iseethesun
Thu, Sep-13-12, 00:36
by the way is there an app i can get for my phone that counts carbs?

leemack
Thu, Sep-13-12, 07:59
good morning all!

Thank you lulumae, becky, jacczi and kat for the lovely welcome :)

I have been on a low carn diet before and lost lots of weight but then as soon as i started carbs again (I ate loads and loads) I put it all back on again :(
Really hope I can change my whole way of eating for good this time... im quite a loner so did all this dieting without support... but decided that i want to try something different this time and reach out to peeps. I might start and journal!

Jacczi I live in bedfordshire :)

mia

Hi neighbour - I live in bucks :wave:

Lee

iseethesun
Thu, Sep-13-12, 13:05
Yay! Hello Neighbour!! :wave:

mviesprite
Thu, Sep-13-12, 22:02
by the way is there an app i can get for my phone that counts carbs?
I don't know... I am still in the dark ages with my cell LOL... I'd post that question to a new thread in newbies questions . Surely there is...
Kat

iseethesun
Fri, Sep-14-12, 00:35
will do thanks x

SuzyQ0902
Sat, Sep-15-12, 19:49
Welcome, Mia, and good luck! I also lot a lot of weight and then gained it back because I didn't stay on LC. So here I am again. :)

Best wishes for long-term success!

SuzyQ

iseethesun
Sun, Sep-16-12, 02:54
Hi Suzy thank you for welcoming me. I know i should have stayed on LC sigh.... Oh well here we go again :)

Buttoni
Sun, Sep-16-12, 09:23
Welcome to you, Mia, and all you new members. You'll love these forums. Great people with lots of advice to help you along the way to your goal. I've been doing this for over 3 years now and can tell you it's the only diet I've been able to sustain and not feel deprived. Once you get past the ups and downs of Induction, it just gets easier and easier. I'm a slow loser (post-menopausal), but I have NOT let that deter me from sticking with the program. I'm just not a quitter, at anything.

I'd like to lose a little more, but am happy with my results so far. I'm shifting to Paleo or Primal here lately, but that's really just Atkins minus the dairy, legumes and sweeteners. We'll see over time if I can sustain that as well as I have the pure Atkins. :)

Best wishes for a successful journey to all of you!

iseethesun
Sun, Sep-16-12, 11:03
Hello buttoni, thank you for the welcome and encouraging words! I have had a look at your blog and it looks really informative. I think I will try your self made mayonnaise myself!

I have a question... for anyone really who can help... am I allowed to eat a whole head of green lettuce on the induction? I need something to wash the oil down with ugh... and still have about 10 carbs left... is it ok to mix up a salad with green lettuce (whole head) and eat it in the induction. I had a 150 gram of celery sticks already for lunch

Buttoni
Mon, Sep-17-12, 08:02
I always weigh my vegetables, Mia, and then key that into my food tracker Fitday.com (before eating it) to see what the "damage" is. There is a food tracker here on the site but I've never used it. But I say, as long as you stay within the daily net carb limit, I say eat all the lettuce you want! :)

iseethesun
Mon, Sep-17-12, 08:17
yay!! :) :) think im getting there slowly

Buttoni
Tue, Sep-18-12, 08:41
You will! Just be patient with your body, because it will only give up weight on its own timetable, not yours. I have ridden out some very VERY long stalls (2-year long), and yet didn't gain and managed to start losing once again this year. Never give up and you WILL get there!

anchor
Tue, Sep-18-12, 08:49
yes agree with you buttoni it the way i feel thats the thing now,content myself with the weight loss ,anythings better than slobbing about on carbs

iseethesun...im where there aint much sun up here in central scotland...all the best on your travels

iseethesun
Sun, Sep-23-12, 13:44
wow buttoni that is great! well done to you! will try to be strong this time aand stick with it....

anchor thank you, hello to you too!

alex505
Mon, Sep-24-12, 16:28
Welcome :D

iseethesun
Tue, Sep-25-12, 13:44
thank you and Hello :D