PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Franziska
Sun, Sep-09-12, 09:39
Hi Everyone,

My name is Franziska. I was somewhat heavy in my teens but have maintained a 30-lb loss for more than 25 years. Lost the weight with portion control and calorie restriction. About a year and a half ago, blood sugar issues prompted me to try carb restriction, and I've been very pleased with the results. Although I followed a moderately LC diet (60-100 net g carbs/day) for a long time, I recently began limiting carbs to 40-50 net g/day and now have blood glucose levels consistently in the healthy range. Weight has stayed at goal as well. Very happy to find another low carb forum to discuss ideas :)

lizzyLC
Sun, Sep-09-12, 09:52
Welcome to the board Franziska!!

Franziska
Sun, Sep-09-12, 11:57
Thanks, Lizzy! :)

mviesprite
Sun, Sep-09-12, 12:39
Hi Franziska! Welcome to the boards! Congrats on your success - it is always inspiring to find someone who has done this. This site has helped me so much - I have stuck with this longer than I ever stuck with anything and know this board is my most valuable tool.
Kat

Franziska
Sun, Sep-09-12, 14:34
Thanks, Kat! Congratulations on losing 19 lbs, and best of luck getting to your personal goal weight :)