PDA

View Full Version : New, glad I found this.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lilliqueen
Sat, Sep-01-12, 18:53
Hi everyone,
I'm glad I found this forum as I really need some help and support.
So I had a baby at 43 (1st child at 18) and my health has been in shambles ever since.
I gained 40 pounds in pregnancy but neither I nor my Dr or my birth team were worried as I looked and felt great (and all tests good too) and just have not had weight problems...

Super scary birth, and voila, here begins the nightmare...I have barely lost a pound since the day I gave birth 13.5 months ago...and I developed an insane problem with my thyroid--but actually I think its my adrenals.

I have a stellar diet and have been doing pilates 3x a week plus hiking and walking almost daily since 2 months post partum, I just started road biking again--wow, everything is so hard with all of this extra weight! And I realize that I probably don't know what low carb really means...
My husband has been loosely paleo and so I am mostly a meat and vegetable eater but I do eat raw dairy which I think I handle well...anyway I have to lose weight before I deveolp a mental health disorder, I have to get my health and medications worked out--I recently upped my armour thyroid and am currently feeling so bad I am scared i have something really wrong beyond this hypothyroid condition.

This is not the story I want to be telling. I have been a strong, fun, happy, funny person most of my life. I have so much to be grateful for--an amazing husband who is supporting my in every way, two amazing children--and having an 18 year old and a 13 month old is just such a trip...anyway, for now enough said, thanks for reading and I look forward to giving and receiving support.

I guess my first thing is what diet to try--I've never really done a diet but I have done cleanses and such over the years...I am disciplined and not really a food addict but I am nursing and really hungry all the time and having a hard time keeping myself properly fed--I feel like I should be really skinny :lol:

TrishkaD
Sat, Sep-01-12, 21:44
Welcome! You will find a world of support here

becky7474
Sun, Sep-02-12, 07:47
Welcome! :wave:

mviesprite
Sun, Sep-02-12, 23:26
Hello and welcome! Wow what a story! Congrats on your baby - and yes I bet it is a trip having an 18 yr old and a baby too :)
This site is amazing - people are so supportive and helpful - lots of information. I would encourage you to poke thru journals and start one of your own.
There are lots of books at the library if you want to research diet plans - many people here are on Atkins or Paleo. I believe there are threads on this site describing the different plans. I am in the minority with Somersizing (food combining and low carb) but I love the plan and the variety. There are rules but I found them easy to remember after getting used to them.
Good luck to you. I understand where you are mentally - I just had a hip replacement and learning to walk like a normal person again really puts me in a different place than the person who was doing light stunts for local films - was very active. I am slowly building confidence again and you will too!
Kat