PDA

View Full Version : stuck before losing the final 25 lbs

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lilibee
Tue, Aug-28-12, 08:00
Hello all, I have started eating low carb in 2008, although I had tried Atkins in the past with low success in weight loss but success in lowering the cholesterol. A doctor found that I have insulin resistance (and I also have a sluggish thyroid) so when I started taking Metformin, my efforts in dieting and exercising showed results. I had reached a maximum weight of 115 Kg (245 lbs) and I lost gradually almost 30 kg. I have reached a weight of 87 kg last October, and I am still there, oscilating between 86 and 89kg, in spite of low carb diet, and ballroom dancing 6 times a week. People tell me I do not look my weight and it must be muscle. Well, I would like to attribute all the reason to my muscles but 87kg is still high. I would like to be 75 kg (165 Lbs) and my doctor agrees. In spite of following Atkins super strictly for more than 2 months and exercising a lot, I have not been able to lose anything. LAst week, as it was my birthday I had some carbs for a few days and I put 4 lbs quickly. Is anybody here also in a plateau and knows how to break it?

Liz53
Tue, Aug-28-12, 08:13
Jimmy Moore interviewed Dr Steven Phinney, co-author of The New Atkins for a New You last week on the very topic of stalls and gains while eating low carb. Here's a link to a thread discussing the interview, with a link to the interview in the first post:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=445834

I think there are many here, myself included, who find those last pounds to be pretty elusive. I spend more time enjoying how much better I feel after losing 22 pounds, and less time fretting about the next 13. I feel good, my health is apparently good, and I look much better than I did. I continue to eat low carb for these benefits and hope to lose a bit more weight when my body is good and ready.

becky7474
Tue, Aug-28-12, 10:34
Welcome! :wave: