PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

leaddore
Mon, Aug-20-12, 17:40
First post here. Me and the girlfriend have decided that we need to be much healthier because we want to have kids and see them grow, so we need to lose a lot of weight. We are both over 300lbs and have chosen to go with the south beach diet and are excited and scared at the same time! We are on the second day and already I am starting to feel a little better, even for the "carb withdrawal" I am having lol

becky7474
Tue, Aug-21-12, 07:41
Welcome!! :wave:

slmrickman
Tue, Aug-21-12, 10:47
Welcome........Geat decision.....

NicPr
Tue, Aug-21-12, 13:12
Welcome. You will not regret it. Just keep on keeping on.

leaddore
Tue, Aug-21-12, 20:26
Thanks all.

We are doing our best, we are on day three and experiencing what I have read will happen, we are getting a little grumpy at each other. She admitted today that she is feeling a little better, I really hope that by day 6 we both have that "fog lifting" experience.

Any advice on how often we should weigh ourselves? The urge is very great already to step up and see if this is working at all lol.

Aradasky
Tue, Aug-21-12, 20:36
It is so good to see both of you here.

there are a lot of different opinions about weighing. Once a day or once a week. Go a head, start! Seeing the loss is a good reward.