PDA

View Full Version : Back at it

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SuzyQ0902
Sat, Aug-18-12, 10:32
Hi :wave:

I'm a returner to these forums. It's been a few years, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself. :)

About 8 years ago I lost over 100 lbs on Atkins, but I think I lost it too quickly and didn't adjust to a permanent low carb way of eating. So I gained about 3/4 of the weight back. I'm also post-menopausal now and losing is hard and slow! But I read the SB book at the beginning of this year, and it seems like a better lifelong way of eating, so I started the SB diet in February. I've lost about 25 lbs, even though I went off the diet for about 3 months. Somehow, I was able to maintain my weight during that time - don't know how! So I've been back on it for about 4 weeks, and even after my son's wedding last weekend and having a carb splurge, I still lost a pound, so I'm happy! And I've lost about 7" overall.

My main goal is to get to a healthy BMI, with good cholesterol levels, good blood sugar levels, & good blood pressure - for the rest of my life!

lizzyLC
Sat, Aug-18-12, 10:42
Welcome back SuzyQ!!

SuzyQ0902
Sat, Aug-18-12, 11:16
Thank you! :wave:

bkloots
Sat, Aug-18-12, 12:11
My main goal is to get to a healthy BMI, with good cholesterol levels, good blood sugar levels, & good blood pressure - for the rest of my life!

Excellent motivation. Weight management will be a bonus.

Best wishes.