PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pro31woman
Thu, Aug-16-12, 08:00
I am on my second week of the atkins and it has been slow going. I lost 10lbs but gained three back. Don't want to get discouraged and quit, so I'm looking for support.

becky7474
Thu, Aug-16-12, 08:09
Welcome! :wave:

TrishkaD
Thu, Aug-16-12, 08:17
Welcome. Don't give up! You are doing fine. You may have inadvertently added some food that's causing problems. Look over your meal plan and see if there is some carb creep.

Pro31woman
Thu, Aug-16-12, 08:42
Thanks a lot. I have been drinking alot of coke zeros and crystal light. Could that be causing a slow down?

narmical
Thu, Aug-16-12, 08:58
I've heard it can, some people don't do good with some sweeteners.

I drink a bunch of Coke Zero, and I'm doing ok. Might not be ok for you tho.

bkloots
Thu, Aug-16-12, 09:10
Let's see. Two weeks and net seven pounds gone. How great is that!!!

This rate of loss is phenomenal. It will NOT continue. Please focus on the journey, not the supposed destination. On Atkins, as on any other eating plan, a loss of one to two pounds per week is very, very good. At the end of a year, that could be 50-100 lbs. One tiny year. And remember that you are losing fluffy fat. Your size gets smaller, even if your weight stays the same.

"Slow going" means the rest of your life if you do the program well and keep on doing it. YOU CAN!

Best wishes.