PDA

View Full Version : Back on LC after sympathetic pregnancy weight gain

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

narmical
Tue, Aug-07-12, 10:40
I thought sympathetic pregnancy was a myth until my wife became pregnant and I gained 24 pounds!

Last January I started on low carb and was able to maintain my weight of 150 all the way though November (my last physical). When the baby was born I weight 174 pounds. I made me feel really sad.

On the plus side, once the baby was born, with out effort I began loosing weight. By my next physical, 3 days after my son was born, I had already lost 5 pounds with out any effort! The next week I lost a few more. I so had sympathetic pregnancy.

I'm just finished my first week of induction and I'm feeling great, down 13 pounds so far. Wish me luck on getting back to this WOE, maybe ill even make it to 140 this time!

slmrickman
Tue, Aug-07-12, 11:36
Welcome back to lc and great start

BlueDress
Fri, Aug-10-12, 21:11
My husband was also a 'sympathizer'. :)
Good luck and congrats on your little one!!

narmical
Sat, Aug-11-12, 11:09
glad I'm not alone!

LilyB
Sat, Aug-11-12, 11:11
Ex even got the brown stripe on his belly... ;)

gbell1
Sat, Aug-11-12, 11:27
good work! you can do it!
Gb