PDA

View Full Version : Stuck

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mscj53
Tue, May-14-02, 16:50
I tried the Atkins diet about 2 years ago and lost 82 lbs. Started at 257 and got to 175. I never did well with maintenance and over a years time, gained back to 215. I tried Atkins again, but it was another year of hit and miss. I'd diet strictly for 3 weeks and then blow it on the weekend. I really had no discipline. For the whole last year, I'd diet, cheat, go on a binge, feel guilty, start the diet again, cheat... a viscious cycle.

I am really trying to get serious now and have been on the Atkins for 3 weeks, however, I've only lost 3 lbs. I think I've screwed up my whole system. Is there anything I should be doing differently to get my system to react to the diet? During this three week period I had my menstrual cycle and gained 5 lbs of water which I also lost. Total, I still only lost 3 lbs. I'm getting very discouraged. Any ideas?

momhmschl2
Tue, May-14-02, 17:00
I would suggest re-reading the book, start a journal, and posting any questions you have. I am constantly referring to my book for answers. There is tremendous support on this forum.

aphlat
Tue, May-14-02, 17:05
I've just started the diet. Hopefully, I'll see some result in a couple weeks. For now, I've hidden the scale under the bed.

Lisa N
Tue, May-14-02, 17:54
Every time you lose the weight only to regain it and try to lose again, it becomes harder each time. The fact that you ARE losing is a good sign, but the weight is likely to come off much more slowly this time. Be patient and stick with the program (no cheating!) and the weight loss will continue. I'd also suggest reading the book cover to cover again, especially the pre-maintainance and maintainance sections and start forming a plan now for what you are going to do then! Good luck!