PDA

View Full Version : "New" Member here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lrubin1016
Mon, Jul-02-12, 06:01
Good morning, everyone! :wave:

My name is Laura, and I wish that I could say this is my first time really needing to diet. Unfortunately, that'd be a big fat lie.

I'm twenty-six years old, and I'm a mother to a 10-month-old boy. Before I got married back in October 2010, I was on Atkins and had good success. I got pregnant soon after marrying and let my better eating nature fall to the back burner. Even after the birth of my son, my own health was not of great concern. I tried doing something about my weight earlier this year in a couple of different ways; Weight Watchers and simply "eating better". As you can see, neither benefited me.

So, I'm back to low-carbing and truly hope it's the wake-up call I need to take better care of myself. I'd love to drop at least a few pounds before I celebrate my son's first birthday! :)

becky7474
Mon, Jul-02-12, 06:19
Welcome! :wave:

xturkeyldy
Mon, Jul-02-12, 08:00
Welcome! What low carb books have you read? and which lowcarb plan are u going to follow?

pd42
Mon, Jul-02-12, 08:03
Welcome! Consider starting a journal here to help you keep track of your weight loss journey.

lrubin1016
Mon, Jul-02-12, 08:04
Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!

I've read the South Beach book in the past as well as the newer Atkins book (sorry, I can't recall the name). I'm going to be following Atkins, so today is my first day of induction! So far, so good. It is only 10am, however ;) haha

slmrickman
Mon, Jul-02-12, 09:59
Welcome...If you stick to the program you will be amazed at the end results...good luck

Kurst
Mon, Jul-02-12, 17:15
Welcome, Laura :) Lots of great advice already. :agree:

brierley
Mon, Jul-02-12, 17:19
welcome laura, all the best with atkins, follow the book exact and you will see great results :)

lrubin1016
Tue, Jul-03-12, 10:55
Thanks again for the welcome, everyone! I did well on my first day and forgot just how FULL I feel when eating this way. :)

Babette R
Tue, Jul-03-12, 12:44
Hi Laura and welcome! I'm wishing you the best of luck - I'm sure you can do it!! I'm also following Atkins :)

NicPr
Tue, Jul-03-12, 14:59
Welcome too the forum. Hope to see you around often.