PDA

View Full Version : Scarsdale Medical Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Susie QRN
Fri, Jun-29-12, 07:52
Hi, maybe because I am weak and need some (almost) instant gratification on a diet I have found the Scarsdale diet to be the only one that really works for me. I've followed it before with great results and kept the weight off for a while but then gradually slide back into unhealthy eating habits. So here I am again on the Scarsdale diet. It almost feels like a detox and my skin clears up and I love being able to fit into my clothes again. You have to follow it closely and also do some kind of exercise and just let the time pass as the pounds come off. Hope everyone out there is successful and feeling great while getting healthier. It's time for us to be selfish and take care of ourselves!

slmrickman
Fri, Jun-29-12, 08:08
Welcome...I dont know anything about the scarsdale diet but good luck on your weight loss

becky7474
Fri, Jun-29-12, 08:31
Welcome! :wave:

Liz53
Fri, Jun-29-12, 08:53
I've never done Scarsdale, but I remember several of the men in my office did it in the 80s. They enjoyed the food and they all lost considerable weight. Did they keep the weight off over the years? Probably not. As you've discovered, you can't go back to former eating habits and keep the weight off. I'm not sure I ever expected I'd be eating low carb for the rest of my life when I started, but it's kind of self-reinforcing. I feel better, I look better, why would I want to un-do that?

Don't worry about the Instant Gratification part. You typically lose a lot in the beginning on any low carb plan because you are losing the glycogen from your muscles and the accompanying water weight. How could you not be pleased by seeing some immediate results? It's all good.

Getting rid of the carbs is definitely a detox for the body. Welcome to these boards and best of luck to you!

lizzyLC
Fri, Jun-29-12, 09:00
Welcome Susie!

Datmeat
Fri, Jun-29-12, 10:21
I used Scarsdale 20 years ago and lost about 50 pounds on it! I was losing a pound a day. I didn't even eat everything listed (yuck, cottage cheese)... It's effective if you're able to stick to it.