PDA

View Full Version : Brand new and really scared

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fatty40
Wed, Jun-27-12, 15:43
Hi Everyone,

I have heard many good things about the SB diet and I am ready to "jump in". My plan is to read as much information as possible, go to the store and buy all the necessary food items, plan my menus ahead of time, and then start on a new path to being slender.

I just turned 40 and "somehow" my weight has gone up to 207. My whole life I have weighed about 150-160. I don't eat anything fried or any fast food. My weakness is the processed junk like cookies, crackers, granola bars, etc..

I have to be honest. I am terrified that I am going to gain weight eating some of these low carb receipes. The seem so high in calories. Phew! I am ready to be brave and throw caution to the wind....

Abbie_B.
Wed, Jun-27-12, 16:59
Welcome and good luck. I personally do Atkins but I know people who have done well on sb. Calories don't count anymore to me but I know for some they do. I'd say commit to the plan exact and take it a day at a time. I eat high fat low carb and I love not counting calories! Such freedom :0) good luck!

freckles
Wed, Jun-27-12, 17:21
Howdy and welcome! :wave:

I'm not familiar enough with SB to really give any advice. The one thing I will say is that there's nothing to be afraid of if you follow the plan as Abbie said.

slmrickman
Wed, Jun-27-12, 20:40
Welcome and best luck

ferrygirl
Wed, Jun-27-12, 22:22
Hi and welcome! :wave: Sorry, I'm not a South Beacher either, but I can definitely identify with being scared. When I started Atkins, I felt the same way. It helped to tell myself I could always go back. Two years later and 30 lbs down - I couldn't be happier.

Best of luck on your journey!

Kirsteen
Thu, Jun-28-12, 05:16
Good luck. I haven't tried SB, but I don't have to worry about gaining weight through eating too many calories on Atkins. If anything, I have to make an effort to get enough of them.

Nikita82
Thu, Jun-28-12, 22:12
Hi F40 (I feel mean calling you fatty, sorry!) as we all say, nothing to be scared of. Freckles will tell you she's failed before succeeding, as have most of us!

If it doesn't work first go, you just examine your diet/exercise/life in general to find where you may be going wrong. It'll most likely take some tweaking. I myself am stalled at the moment, probably because I'm balking at adding any more carbs back into my diet!

You'll find plenty of help here, lots of other ladies to quiz too. I find men have a different (easier?) experience losing weight.

fatty40
Fri, Jun-29-12, 09:11
Thanks so much everyone.
I checked out some books from the library last night and I have been reading all morning.
Today, I will make my shopping list and menus for next week.
I am ready to start first thing Monday morning....