PDA

View Full Version : Stalled in week 2?????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gilly07
Wed, Jun-27-12, 14:42
Hi,
Last week I had a great loss but this week I have had nothing, I have been eating the same stuff, no slip ups just plodding along with it.
I am wondering what I have done to have a stall this early, this is one of several journeys on this way of eating but I have no idea why things have stopped moving!
I did not take measurements when I started but my clothes don't feel any different yet so I am assuming that it's not coming off there either.

I would be grateful for any advice!

Abbie_B.
Wed, Jun-27-12, 16:01
You are normal. Don't quit. You are not doing anything wrong. The body can't lose 8 lbs of fat in one week so it was water. Try tracking your weight on a graph and stay on plan. The scale will move again after your body gets over the system shock. I lose about a half pound a week only but if you are making a change for life than don't sweat it. I don't and it's working!

Kirsteen
Wed, Jun-27-12, 16:07
Abbie is spot on. The first week, you tend to lose a lot of water, then the body rebalances, so ofter the weight stays the same for weeks 2-3. After my initial losses, I didn't lose any more weight for about 5 weeks.

Read over the "tips for newbies" thread where you'll get lots of this type of information:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=405273&page=1&pp=15

lindystar
Wed, Jun-27-12, 20:59
I'll voice what they said, it seems that a LOT of people here stall the 2-3rd weeks. I have been! :) Stick with us a little longer :)

Solidadund
Thu, Jun-28-12, 04:58
Deep breath, no loss for a week isn't a stall. Try 4 weeks with no weight loss and no inches lost then worry.

slmrickman
Thu, Jun-28-12, 08:16
Hang in there....stick with your program and it will happen

Sumatra
Thu, Jun-28-12, 08:45
Deep breath, no loss for a week isn't a stall. Try 4 weeks with no weight loss and no inches lost then worry.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. A week or two with no loss is NOT a stall. There are countless factors with weightloss and many things can and will affect the numbers you see. I rely more on measurements and how I am feeling.

Fat_Camel
Sat, Jun-30-12, 00:00
Like the others said, not a problem yet. Review what you've been eating though - there are a lot of hidden carbs in things you wouldn't expect, so make sure you're good in that area.

If worse comes to worse, you could always eat a little less to nudge things into motion (not that body weight has physical momentum or anything, but you get my drift. :) ). The nice thing about low carb diets (at least for me) is it's easy to reduce food intake without getting those sharp hunger pangs that come with regular, high carb diets.

astribling
Wed, Jul-11-12, 08:10
Hi!
I'm glad to read this is somewhat normal. I too am on Week 3. My first 10 days I lost 10 lbs and nothing since. So I'm trying not to freak out, but I know how you feel!