PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take ...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Babette R
Sun, Jun-24-12, 11:48
for you to finish a meal? I've never been a fast eater but I've noticed that over the last week or so that I'm slower than ever! Today it took me 40 minutes to eat ... I'm basically having to just about force myself to eat something - even though it tastes good I don't seem to be able to eat much.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has the issue?

ICDogg
Sun, Jun-24-12, 13:01
I don't seem to have that issue :D

But I kind of wish I did, I wouldn't eat so much...

garydogwoo
Sun, Jun-24-12, 13:08
not fast / not slow, however if i am by myself i tend to eat a little faster.
gw

WereBear
Sun, Jun-24-12, 15:17
Actually, this is a technique I often rely upon: if I stretch out my meals, I wind up eating less. Taking a small quantity, taking my time, and telling myself I can have more if I want... often results in leftovers. Which are a good thing!

anthonyc
Sun, Jun-24-12, 15:35
I scoff my meals down like a dog that hasn't eaten in a week lol

aj_cohn
Sun, Jun-24-12, 19:35
I always breathe twice during meals, so about 10 minutes is about how long it takes me.

LaZigeuner
Sun, Jun-24-12, 21:24
I've always been kind of slow.
After a while on low carb, I became pretty damn slow.
Now I'm excruciatingly slow.

I just don't like eating fast. It gives me indigestion. If I'm short on time, I'd rather eat only 1 or 2 bites slowly, than the entire thing. Sometimes that means I'll eat less for the day, sometimes that means I'll be extra hungry later.

CMCM
Sun, Jun-24-12, 22:07
for you to finish a meal? I've never been a fast eater but I've noticed that over the last week or so that I'm slower than ever! Today it took me 40 minutes to eat ... I'm basically having to just about force myself to eat something - even though it tastes good I don't seem to be able to eat much.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has the issue?

I think being a slow eater is a very GOOD thing! The slower the better! I was always a super fast eater, and would overeat before I realized I was actually full. Doing Atkins for a long time has helped me eat slowly, and I really like this. I'm now in touch with being full, and knowing when to stop!

Also...if you can't eat a lot, don't force yourself. One thing I've learned is that I actually need way less food than I ever used to think. So pay attention to your appetite. If you feel like you've had enough...you've had enough, so stop eating!

hk-lowcarb
Mon, Jun-25-12, 02:47
I would say that most of my meals at home are done within 20 minutes. But, when I', hungry and eating alone, 10 will often suffice.

ahelblin9
Mon, Jun-25-12, 08:55
I eat too fast, still eat too fast. Maybe I should focus on slowing down.

Babette R
Mon, Jun-25-12, 10:39
Also...if you can't eat a lot, don't force yourself. One thing I've learned is that I actually need way less food than I ever used to think. So pay attention to your appetite. If you feel like you've had enough...you've had enough, so stop eating!

No, I have never forced myself to eat ... but with some of the meds I take it's necessary to eat ... plus, I'm a diabetic - so have to watch I don't crash.

Amanda1978
Mon, Jun-25-12, 10:49
With 3 kids and my 5 daycare kids I gobble my food when I get the chance, but given the opportunity I will sit down and really enjoy each bite.

Amanda1978
Mon, Jun-25-12, 10:50
I do slowly drink and savor each sip of coffee in the morning. That I can do even with kids snuggling, screaming, fighting, laughing and climbing all over me. :)

Abbie_B.
Mon, Jun-25-12, 16:45
I eat too fast but sometimes I think I'm doing it because I still have the mindset to finish the plate I've prepared. I'm probably just bored with the meal because I'm not that hungry. Weird. Maybe I should make tiny plates for meals and see if that works!

adnil53
Fri, Jun-29-12, 15:34
I scoff my meals down like a dog that hasn't eaten in a week lol

Me too! Well, maybe not quite that fast... :lol: