PDA

View Full Version : Well here I am then...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Desbob
Thu, Jun-21-12, 04:06
Hi everyone, signed up the other day, thought I better say hello

My blood pressure has been bordering on 'concern' level for a few years (I'm 50 - male) and a couple months back I decided to do something about it as it had reached 160/110

At that time I was also obese weighing 203 lbs at 5 feet 8 and a half inches, with about 46" around the middle.

I started walking my dog more and by 2 weeks ago I was 200lbs and 43" round the middle but felt crap!

Stumbled on a thread on a 'conspiracy' website (this (http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1156003/pg1)) and thought it sounded good. It's a bit like Atkins but with controlled levels of protein.

Anyhow, I have now been following this plan for 12 days, I'm not due to measure myself till tomorrow but after the first seven days I had dropped to 192 lbs and 41" around the middle, more importantly (to me at the present), my blood pressure seems to be around 140/100 which is a vast improvement. If I make the same improvement again it will mean I am normal and therefore no nasty drugs - yay.

Loving the food, it's surprising when I look at some of my meals including lots of greens etc that my diet is actually 82% fat, 3.5% carbs and 14.5% protein because the meals actually look very healthy and appetising.

Missing beer but I do treat myself to a scotch whisky or two.

So, it's good to be here, hi folks. x :wave:

becky7474
Thu, Jun-21-12, 07:24
Welcome! :wave:

xturkeyldy
Thu, Jun-21-12, 07:28
Welcome and thank for sharing your story!

slmrickman
Thu, Jun-21-12, 11:59
Welcome...Good luck on your continued success

freckles
Thu, Jun-21-12, 13:29
Nice introduction! Looks like what you are doing is working very well for you! :thup: Congratulations on doing what you need to do to take your health back!

Kelly_L
Thu, Jun-21-12, 15:10
Congratulations on your success, and I bet your dog is happier too;)