PDA

View Full Version : Losers: how long to be in ketosis?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WagsMarie
Sun, Jun-17-12, 05:28
To you people who have had long term success: did you find that you lost better after a period of ketosis? What I mean is, once you got to the above 50 grams of carb level, did you lose faster? I've been under 40 (most days under 30) for ten weeks or more. I am in a four week stall (probably due to meds that I am about to stop taking). I have read a lot that says that metabolism increases and things start clicking along faster when you increase carb level after a long period of ketosis (I get that 2 months isn't as long as some).

Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance-

qudoz
Sun, Jun-17-12, 05:56
I've been in ketosis for months and I don't intend to come out of it until I've reached my goal. I don't really believe in the whole "body going into starvation mode" thing, at least not to the extent that it would stall weight loss for 4 weeks.

Edit: Also I'm not sure how increasing carbs would increase metabolism.

peryn
Sun, Jun-17-12, 08:02
I have been in ketosis almost 5 months. My weight loss has slowed. I am going to do a re-feed in July and then start a lower calorie low carb diet to shake things up a bit. I know some people have to up their carbs, others decrease their calories, increase fat...etc. Experiment to see what works best for you!

WagsMarie
Sun, Jun-17-12, 08:24
Thank you. I am decreasing calories and increasing carbs a bit. Going Primal, baby! Let's see if I can break this stall. Seems healthier than a meat and egg fast but what do I know? :help:

enna1477
Sun, Jun-17-12, 10:30
I think I've been constantly in and out of ketosis the last 18 months because my WOE keeps me right on the edge. I eat fruit several times a week, have an occasional serving of winter squash or some lightly breaded shrimp or chicken. Still, because my overall carb consumption was/is light I lost weight steadily for a year. Since the first of this year I've only lost about 6 pounds but I'm below my goal weight and am now shooting for a couple more pounds for vanity's sake.