PDA

View Full Version : What are your own personal little goals through weight loss..?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aramaya
Sun, Jun-17-12, 03:49
I was wondering what goals through your weight loss have you put in place,not as in how much weight you intend to loose but the smaller things to break it up and achieve the greater loss>>
! for me it was being able to cross my legs like i used to be able to,i would always sit with my legs crossed over my knee and that foot tucked under my ankle.lol..well i hadnt been able to do this in a no of years and now i can at a bit of a push,but im getting there.. :)
Well thats just one there are others but it would be good to hear what other peoples are,or were... :wave:

qudoz
Sun, Jun-17-12, 04:12
This is still a weight goal but my main one is to get below 175lbs because I haven't been less than that in my entire adult life. That's a big big milestone for me.

aramaya
Sun, Jun-17-12, 06:34
good for you,and when you reach it will make you feel more determined to carry on..i think it helps me having goals on the way.it helps with my motivation...My other one is im saving a little money every week in order to buy new clothes when i am at goal,and when i see it it encourages me,,cant wait..lol.

qudoz
Sun, Jun-17-12, 07:03
That's a really cool idea about saving money. I'm really looking forward to buying new clothes! That's a thought that definitely keeps me going. Also being able to clothes shop anywhere will be awesome. I don't know where I'll get all the money from though so I might steal that idea of yours! :D

joel381
Sun, Jun-17-12, 07:33
What are your own personal little goals through weight loss..?
-To be able to run
-To be able to do a pullup
In general, to be able to move myself with ease. The combination of poor condition and excess weight can be quite a limitation.

A couple more:
-to enjoy a walk on the beach
-to enjoy a hike in the hills

and not to view these activities as to much effort, as some of my friends do.

peryn
Sun, Jun-17-12, 07:50
To wear a bathing suit in public!

Ruffian
Sun, Jun-17-12, 08:05
Besides weight, mine are mostly clothes related. I want to be back to the size I was before I quit smoking 8 years ago and gained all this weight. I'm a knitter, and would like to make sweaters for myself in smaller sizes. Less work, less yarn to buy!

aramaya
Sun, Jun-17-12, 08:08
To wear a bathing suit in public!

OHH yeah the thought terrifies me,,but one day in the not so distant future..

pd42
Sun, Jun-17-12, 08:33
To sit comfortably in an airline seat (as much as one can in those seats) without using an extension on the seat belt.

To not plan my activities around how tired they will make me.

To shop in regular sizes and not in the plus size department.

qudoz
Sun, Jun-17-12, 09:19
To not plan my activities around how tired they will make me.

That's a good one.

I'm also looking forward to being able to look in the mirror and like what I see.

Being able to choose clothes that I like rather than clothes that (a) are made in my size and (b) hide my fat the most.

madeyna
Sun, Jun-17-12, 12:20
My mini goal was to get back into the jeans I wore home from the hospital after having my last child. I,m there now and I,m going to maintain for a bit while I contemplate the next goal.

alto
Sun, Jun-17-12, 13:24
To look in a mirror or store window as I walk down the street and not turn away in horror :)

To have more energy.

Great thread!

garydogwoo
Sun, Jun-17-12, 13:43
i want to be healthy, be full of energy and mental clarity as well as look good. i need to get down to around 150. long way to go. currently at 193.

gw

aramaya
Sun, Jun-17-12, 14:20
i want to be healthy, be full of energy and mental clarity as well as look good. i need to get down to around 150. long way to go. currently at 193.

gwBut each lb off is closer to that wish,,well done you.. :wave:

aramaya
Sun, Jun-17-12, 14:24
To look in a mirror or store window as I walk down the street and not turn away in horror :)

To have more energy.

Great thread!I can so relate to the mirror...i would never look at myself in a full length one,unless i really had to,i practised avoiding them very well....well now i will look in the one at home just to see and its been great to notice little differences,face,arms...(i made myself look though.lol)

I say its time to celebrate what we have already lost and know that its only part of the journey...

slmrickman
Sun, Jun-17-12, 14:37
My first personal goal was to go to a restaurant and fit in a booth..My wife use to go in first and see if they had chairs with no arms so I could fit...Does that make her an enabler???

ferrygirl
Sun, Jun-17-12, 19:49
I love fitness related goals, because to me they are something I can achieve. I get so frustrated when the scale does its own thing. My goal for a long time was to be able to run a 5K in 30 minutes, and I finally did it! I don't know what my next goal will be. Probably something strength-related.

MizKitty
Sun, Jun-17-12, 20:33
My first personal goal was to go to a restaurant and fit in a booth..My wife use to go in first and see if they had chairs with no arms so I could fit...Does that make her an enabler???

Of course not, that makes her a kind and caring partner. Besides, you have as much right to eat in a restaurant as anyone else! Congrats on your wonderful progress so far.

ICDogg
Sun, Jun-17-12, 21:47
Lots of little goals along the way... round numbers... BMI classifications... waist sizes... in my case a1c numbers and some other health indicators...clothes sizes. All little motivators to stay on track or to get back on track, whatever the case may be.

Some stuff I didn't even think of when I started but I could not have done: getting up into my attic crawlspace, and also replacing the faucet in my kitchen sink, which required maneuvering myself underneath the garbage disposal and around the pipes.

ICDogg
Sun, Jun-17-12, 21:56

When at my heaviest, this was a problem for me as well. When you're with most people, they prefer to sit in the booths, and I always needed to sit somewhere with chairs.

But I think I've only actually sat in a booth once since I've been able to fit into one.

RachelBB
Sun, Jun-17-12, 22:09
When I hit Onederland, I'm going to start tucking my shirts in!

I know, a little thing, but it is something I've been looking foreward to for a long time.

When I reach Onederland, I'll feel start riding my horse at least once a week. I've not ridden her in years and years. Boy is she in for a shock! She thought she was retired lol.

ahelblin9
Mon, Jun-18-12, 01:06
I want to be down 2 sizes by the end of summer. Mostly so I don't end up paying for alterations to a dress I have to wear in October.

Losing 2 sizes seems alot easier then 150 lbs ...

Amanda1978
Mon, Jun-18-12, 06:42
I eat to be healthy, and I know weight loss will come along with that. I set mini-goals with clothes that don't fit. I note how they fit and will not wear them until they fit really good without looking like I'm in denial about being overweight trying to fit into something way too small. At the beginning of March I picked an old pair of jeans that I could not get up over my thighs and butt. Slowly they fit better and better until last weekend I was able to wear them and have them look nice. Now my plan is for them to fit so loosely that I know I'm ready to drop down to smaller jeans.

Setting goals where you can physically see and feel the difference is a much better motivation to me than a fluctuating, arbitrary number on the scale.

LilyB
Mon, Jun-18-12, 07:01
My first goal was ten lbs... easily done in initial stages. MOST of it happened when I got off the couch and refused to have oreos in my house.

Second goal was ten more pounds. Not quite as easy, but still "doable".

Third goal was "healthy weight". I wanted to "justify" that I had "more muscle than the average woman my height", but in the end, that, too was met. I am no longer "overweight". High end of healthy, yes... but not overweight. :)

Next goal is 150 by my birthday. I have six weeks to lose the sixish pounds. Depends on how seriously I follow what I know to be a working protocol. I can DO it... if I WILL.

Whofan
Mon, Jun-18-12, 09:00
My first goal was to bring down my triglyceride number and get off the meds that the doctor INSISTED I start taking.

As a side effect, I also lost 10lbs, so the next goal was lose 10 more.

Once that was achieved, I wanted to lose more so I could button up my favorite suit jacket which I'd been wearing to work unbuttoned for 4 years (on and off, not continuously!).

After that, my goals kind of escalated along with a renewed libido and confidence in my body (FYI, I've been post-menopausal a long time): I wanted to look good in pretty, skimpy, lingerie in private and a bikini in public. Both achieved!

Now my goal is maintenance so I can continue to enjoy all the above.

aramaya
Mon, Jun-18-12, 11:27
My first goal was to bring down my triglyceride number and get off the meds that the doctor INSISTED I start taking.

As a side effect, I also lost 10lbs, so the next goal was lose 10 more.

Once that was achieved, I wanted to lose more so I could button up my favorite suit jacket which I'd been wearing to work unbuttoned for 4 years (on and off, not continuously!).

After that, my goals kind of escalated along with a renewed libido and confidence in my body (FYI, I've been post-menopausal a long time): I wanted to look good in pretty, skimpy, lingerie in private and a bikini in public. Both achieved!

Now my goal is maintenance so I can continue to enjoy all the above.
That is a great inspiration,so many have reached there smaller goals,its great,and wearing sexy lingerie and bikini,(well maybe swimsuit)is certainly one of mine..
My next goal is to get into the 11stone mark,5lbs to go....

Babette R
Mon, Jun-18-12, 11:36
Although weight loss is GREAT, my personal goals have to do with my heath. When I started, my A1C was 10.7 ... last check was 7.7 ... next I want it to be at least 1 point lower!! :)

Trabba
Mon, Jun-18-12, 12:16
To sit in a chair without having to calculate the tensile stregth of the material beforehand

Kelly_L
Mon, Jun-18-12, 13:06
To sit comfortably in an airline seat (as much as one can in those seats) without using an extension on the seat belt.
This is my big motivator - I have a 9 hour flight coming up in September and although I will never find those seats comfortable, I would like to be able to have enough room to breath. Another goal is to get into the Leather coat I bought a number of years ago that has never fit. And finally I would like to be able to keep up with my 73 year old sister-in-law when we go hiking in Germany (she is part mountain goat :p )

Sue333
Wed, Jun-20-12, 09:51
To see my feet!

ICDogg
Wed, Jun-20-12, 14:17
To sit in a chair without having to calculate the tensile stregth of the material beforehand

I know that feeling

pinkclouds
Wed, Jun-20-12, 14:27
My first goal was to get my blood pressure under control. It was high as the sky and though my Dr. told me to follow the "Dash" diet, I opted for a low carb diet instead. Next was getting out of plus size clothing. Next was having the energy to regularly exercise.

All goals I have accomplished! :)

Along the way I noticed that the arms of my deskchair at work don't "hug" me anymore. Airplane and movie theater seats got bigger and seat belts have gotten longer! So have my pants...they got longer :confused: I guess because I don't have a gut holding them up anymore. :lol: Also, my shoes got bigger. ;)

The next goal I'm working on is to run a 5K and have noticeable muscle definition in my arms and legs. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of my belly "pooch" but I'm gonna give it my best shot!

Nikita82
Wed, Jun-20-12, 17:42

Lol! I have been setting numerical goals, yes I'm admitting that I want to see a certain (healthy) number on the scales.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to my size 16 AU pants being too baggy for me to wear anymore (I'm not far off now), and my belly button not looking like a frown :-(

nocarbkat
Thu, Jun-21-12, 04:09
It is summer and blazing hot where I live, I would love to not be ashamed to wear shorts again!

lisa692002
Thu, Jun-21-12, 06:41
aside from dropping 10, 15, 25, 73 lbs, i would like to be able to buy from the rack of a regluar (aka cheaper) store. I would like to be able to tuck a shirt into my pants again :-)!

madeyna
Thu, Jun-21-12, 11:41
All my former skinny jeans fit well so I,m going to buy a new pair thats really tight and make that my new goal.

redpinto74
Thu, Jun-21-12, 19:35
So I don't look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy Girl!
So I don't huff and puff tying my shoes!
So I could ride Ryan, the horse I take care of. That ended badly, he took off, and I fell off and landed hard!
I want to fit into my jean jacket that I put patches on.
And just for kicks, I want to fit into my wedding dress.

Latty29
Fri, Jun-22-12, 05:01
wear skirts without needing tights to stop my legs getting sore from rubbing together

learn to scuba dive and not be worried that they wont have a wetsuit that will fit me

Go horse riding and not need the biggest cart horse there

howlovely
Fri, Jun-22-12, 08:23
wear skirts without needing tights to stop my legs getting sore from rubbing together

Ugh, tell me about it. Now that it is summer again this is one of my main goal. Back when I was skinny I NEVER wore pants in summer. I always wore skirts and dresses. I miss that comfort so bad.

Honestly, I really just need to get back to my "dating weight."

enna1477
Fri, Jun-22-12, 09:56
I want to be able to turn my husband's (and best friend) head when I walk into the room. But I'm probably asking too much with this secret desire. I'm so fortunate in that he never commented on my weight when I was so much heavier. He doesn't blink if I get out of bed and spend my morning pottering around with uncombed hair and sloppy clothes. He totally accepts me as I am at any moment. How could I ask for more? Yet still...

Kurst
Fri, Jun-22-12, 10:11
I want to feel like "me" again. It's hard to explain that but I put this weight on relatively quickly (thanks thyroid & a bad doctor!) and I miss the way I used to feel... healthy, active, like Super Woman most days.

I have never felt "my age" but the past year I very much have felt my age. I'm used to feeling younger and being able to do what I want without a care as to if it will tire me out to exhaustion. For the past year, just mowing the lawn put me down for the rest of the day. It's getting better. The past month or so, it's gotten so it puts me down for a couple of hours. Today, I'm tired from mowing but not "nap tired". That's an improvement.

I look forward to when I can mow, shower and it's forgotten like nothing happened and I can go about my day happily again. That's my goal

hlthymom12
Wed, Aug-01-12, 03:37
My goal is to feel better about myself... and maybe just a little recognition...oh! and for sex to be more pleasurable (blush *not that its not, but it could be better...I mean my man weighs alot too*)

gmp55
Wed, Aug-01-12, 04:23
My current goal, now that I am at my "ideal" weight, is to NEVER have to start this process over again! I want OFF the weight loss/gain roller-coaster FOREVER!

TrishkaD
Wed, Aug-01-12, 08:12
I want to feel like "me" again... and I miss the way I used to feel... healthy, active, like Super Woman most days.

l

This is so close to my personal goal that I just copied yours, thanks Kurst! I also want to fit in those size 8s that I wore before.

Ilovelists
Wed, Aug-01-12, 10:14
I have found setting mini goals and targets really useful!

I started with going on holiday and wearing a tankini without repulsing people which I think I managed. I have a pinterest board where I have been pinning clothes I will buy myself when I lose more, I want that freedom to wear what I want without worrying about looking a mess.

My longer term targets are to reach goal weight by my 30th birthday so I can look amazing at my birthday party (I have 16 weeks to lose the next 28lbs) and to hopefully maintain a decent weight when I (hopefully) fall pregnant :)

Here's to achieving goals! xx