PDA

View Full Version : A new beginning!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dramakween
Fri, Jun-15-12, 09:28
Arial4black

hi! I'm Dramakween from Northern Ireland. I need to lose weight for health and happiness reasons, and have chosen to follow the Atkins model. I'm finding the introductory phase quite difficult and hoped to get some support and recipe ideas to help me through. I have no problems staying away from bread, rice, pasta - but I really am missing yogurt, fruit and cereal. Ideas for ringing the changes at breakfast time would be most appreciated.

pd42
Fri, Jun-15-12, 09:31
Welcome to the forum!

Here is a thread filled with what people are eating for breakfast:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=441927

Nancy LC
Fri, Jun-15-12, 09:37
There a thread listed in my signature with ideas for combating low carb "boredom".

Welcome to the forum!

slmrickman
Fri, Jun-15-12, 10:54
Welcome and good luck...Look up Linda's low carb recipies...You will find lots of great things to make

freckles
Fri, Jun-15-12, 13:17
Hi and welcome! Sorry you are having difficulties with induction. If you stick with it, it does get easier.

To the above great suggestions I will add that we also have a recipe forum here that is very fun to dig around in when you are looking for new ideas.

Dramakween
Sat, Jun-23-12, 04:51
Thank you all for the welcome and support. I am thrilled to report that I have lost another 6 pounds on the induction phase.

pd42
Sat, Jun-23-12, 05:20
Congrats on your loss!

slmrickman
Sat, Jun-23-12, 08:16
Great job!!!! doesnt it feel great....

yoyonogo
Sat, Jun-23-12, 10:42
hi and welcome! induction does get easier as you go along. good luck on your journey !

Kelly_L
Sat, Jun-23-12, 11:19
Congrtaulations, you're doing great