PDA

View Full Version : Bellie flab

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

madeyna
Wed, Jun-13-12, 12:31
My inchs have contenued to go down. Hips 36 waist 27 but I,m really flabby. I look fine naked if I posted a pic you would think I,m normal to slim, until I bounce around or try pinching a inch. Then its really noticeable that I,m flabby. I know I have more weight to lose if I want to be truly slim but I am okay with were I am at right now. What I want to know is do things eventually tighten back up when your older? I,m 48 and have a fairly active lifestye. I don,t want to lose more weight if this is just going to get worse. Does anyone here have experance with this after weight loss?

Nikita82
Wed, Jun-13-12, 17:50
Hmmm... it sounds like you could benefit from some weight-bearing or resistance exercise, possibly some interval style cardio?

I'm nowhere near goal so I'm not working on muscle tone but it sounds like you could benefit as you don't need to lose bulk.

Also, a lot of people on this forum seem to recommend a healthy dose of coconut oil every day (and incidentally, so does Aussie model Miranda Kerr!)

madeyna
Wed, Jun-13-12, 21:05
I,ve been walking 4 to 5 day per week but have to admit slacking on the core muscle exercise. I have a ab roller and have to admit it works wonders if you actually use it but just thinking about using it isn,t doing anything for me .Darn it!

Liz53
Wed, Jun-13-12, 22:10
Walking is not bad for the core - if you remember to keep your tummy pulled in as you walk. But pilates or other intensive core exercises can trim you in no time.

Equinox
Thu, Jun-14-12, 00:22
Full barbell squats work your core intensely. I used to do pilates after my barbell work in the gym, I haven't for months but my abs are still strong and getting stronger.

lterry913
Fri, Jun-15-12, 08:36
It could be loose skin from your losses so far and not necessarily flab...sometimes it takes time for the elasticity in your skin to catch up...for some it never does depending on age. Exercise is never a bad thing but in some cases we may all have loose skin due to our loss.

madeyna
Sat, Jun-16-12, 11:36
I came home from childbirth with a flat tummy so I hope this will go away. I,m alot older now so its iffy. When I tighten my tummy muscles and jump up and down there is still some jiggle so its loose flabby skin. Thats depressing. Oh well I guess its better than fat filled skin.