PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for any suppport

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

1stdayhope
Mon, Jun-11-12, 07:18
Well, just a little background on my new low carb lifestyle. Being a lifetime member of WW I have been up and down the scale many times..For many years I just settled on being overweight and dealing with my food related problems. Until around 6 months ago a friend suggested the Atkins lifestyle. Really? How would this work for me? I picked up the Atkins book at a thrift store started to read it and thought maybe it would work for me..But truthfully was terrified that I would not be able to have my beloved carbs. Anyway I did the 2 week induction and lost 8lbs. Not too bad. I continued induction for a couple of more weeks until Easter came and I thought I could just splurge. I told myself it was only one day. Well I never went back. My carb consumption was out of control and the weight I lost crept back. Feeling bad about what I ate all time is no way to live. I know I felt great doing the Atkins plan and knew I needed to start up again. Well here I am one week in and feeling great. I kinda have the concept of the program but, sometimes am confused if I'm eating the right amounts of fat and protein and carbs. I'm on the go a lot and cant seem to get a handle on Journaling. Going to try to work on that. Looking for support , I found this sight and am very happy to know of others that support this lifestyle. Some people look at me like I have 2 heads when I tell them about the Atkins way. Oh well! I know its for me and hope to continue with success. Thanks for reading ..

becky7474
Mon, Jun-11-12, 07:26
Welcome! :wave:

Sunsea
Mon, Jun-11-12, 07:50
Welcome! I am on my third time of trying to lose my weight. Atkins is the only way I can lose weight in the real world. I also fell off the program and went back to carbs and never returned. But this time I learned. If I screw up one day...maybe a party or out to dinner....I learned that tomorrow is another day...and I get right back on the program...no matter what. I am losing slowly...but at least I am losing. Each week I stay the same or I lose. That is better than gaining each week...also, look at this as being on it for a way of life, not just a short period of time. Sugar and carbs is the reason America is so obese. You get good carbs from veggies on the program. So enjoy the process....use the recipes...they break the boredom of food choices and stay on here....come and read the forum comments and log into your journal and write in it every day....it totally helps...btw...I tried ww several times but got tired of paying to only lose one quarter of a pound. I think I paid them like two hundred dollars and lost six pounds. This plan...I do it for free so I can "pay myself" something as a reward when I lose :)

pd42
Mon, Jun-11-12, 08:07
1stdayhope: Congrats on coming back to Atkins! After some stops and starts of my own, I now know this is the only eating lifestyle for me.

slmrickman
Mon, Jun-11-12, 08:18
You can do it...Take it one day at a time...We all have our setbacks but never let that stop you. Good luck with your journey and welcome

xturkeyldy
Mon, Jun-11-12, 09:35
Welcome and congrats on giving it a go! Just take it one day at a time !

FairyWren
Mon, Jun-11-12, 09:49
Hi 1stdayhope and welcome

I think that there are many of us who have been up and down the scales, i know i have myself, i also know that i always return to low carbing because i feel so much better with this w.o.e. than with any other :)

Cuse
Mon, Jun-11-12, 10:13
Welcome to the site! Good luck! :)