PDA

View Full Version : Hello New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JoJouk
Sat, Jun-09-12, 04:39
Hello :wave: my name is Joanne from England and I thought I would tell you a bit about myself...

I have always had weight problems since I was 14 years old. Two years ago I looked at myself and hated what I saw. I was 33 stone. I new I had to do something about this for myself and my children Natasha my young daughter is deaf and Autistic. I started cutting out rice pasta and potatoes and lost a lot of weight. I'm now sitting at 22 stone 8lbs. I'm at slimming world but I can't do there green days since I don't eat carbs. I'm also T2 Diabetes.

My first goal is to get to 20 stone. But my main Goal over all is to get to 14 stone then get to were I need to be and were I'm happy at.

I was on another forum but no one talked so I'm thinking was a old forum I joined.

howlovely
Sat, Jun-09-12, 05:27
Welcome! It sounds like you're well on your way. Do you follow a specific plan?

JoJouk
Sat, Jun-09-12, 05:50
not really I did read the Adkins for some starter points, but then I just cut out things from my food. I do eat a lot of fruit and Veg and I do watch my carb intake. I did use to Cal Count but now I carb Count.

pd42
Sat, Jun-09-12, 07:20
Wow, you have already come far in your journey to lose weight. Congrats on that. There is a ton of useful info in these forums. I started back into Atkins recently and I am reading old threads plus new ones with lots of info.

Are you starting a journal? That can be helpful also.

JoJouk
Sat, Jun-09-12, 08:28
I will try and do a journal I have never done one before but there is always a first time :) Is there any were on here to do one?

pd42
Sat, Jun-09-12, 09:25
Go to the topic: Journals/Boot Camp. There is a sticky note at the top of the threads, i think the second one, that tells you how to start a journal here.

Elizellen
Sat, Jun-09-12, 09:43
Welcome to the forum Joanne! :wave:

It is good to have another Brit climb on board. :thup:

Congratulations on your progress so far :cheer:

Elizellen
Sat, Jun-09-12, 09:45
Here is a thread on starting a Journal
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187389

JoJouk
Sat, Jun-09-12, 10:52
Thank you everyone for the Welcome :)

Elizellen - yeah the last forum i was on there wasn't any Brits and I couldn't understand their Menus due to the food being different to ours lol. It's good to be here :)

freckles
Sat, Jun-09-12, 11:11
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your amazing progress!

Cuse
Sun, Jun-10-12, 17:42
Hello Joanne! As i can see, you are new, and you seem to be very active on this forum already! I'm new as well, maybe we can learn something from eachother.

Kirsteen
Sun, Jun-10-12, 19:04
Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the forum. You've done amazingly well so far. I hope this forum will become a "home" for you to continue with this way of eating for life. Best of luck for the future. x

slmrickman
Mon, Jun-11-12, 11:18
Welcome and great job so far...We need to switch to weighing in stones over here, it sounds so much lighter....