PDA

View Full Version : aaaaaaaaand RELAX!!! aaah

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lean Ape
Thu, Jun-07-12, 08:23
At last, I feel like I have found a home. I have gone through a ton of different low carb forums today, looking for somewhere to chat, and also to help others with their quest for weight loss, a healthier life, and or fitness goals.

And I think I have found it here.

I am very much looking forward to interacting with everyone, helping where I can, and hopefully having a great place to hang out and chat about this lifestyle.

Oh yeah, my name is Dave, nice to meet you all ;)

I am from the UK but currently living the good life in Spain.

Deezil
Thu, Jun-07-12, 08:28
Welcome Dave!!

This place is full of good folk and a wealth of information...looking forward to 'seeing' you around!!

Good luck on your journey!

Deeze :)

Maddy89
Thu, Jun-07-12, 08:43
Welcome Dave! I'm new as well and had very much the same thought as you: the positivity is great! Other low-carb forums can be very closed off/unfriendly. I had amazing advice as soon as I started :)

I was wondering, for how long have you been doing low-carb? Are you doing Atkins, or no diet in particular? Have you lost a lot, etc. Let us know!

Lean Ape
Thu, Jun-07-12, 08:53
Thanks Deeze, I appreciate it.

Maddy, it seems like a great place doesn't it. I am very impressed, I have to say.

As far as myself, I have been dieting for a year. But I combined it with getting back to some serious muscle building. So I went through a few cycles, and up to January this year I ended up back where I was almost a year before that. I had more muscle, but also extra weight too.

I never got huge, but when your belly sticks your tshirt out it makes you do something!

So now I am getting very lean indeed, a six pack is showing and I know exactly what it is I need to do to get to a very low bf %.

My Wife and I have done great, and we love talking about low carb and exercise, and helping others out from what we have learned. The problem is that as you say, a lot of places seem a bit too cliquey. This place looks like it welcomes all, and let's everyone have their say, so I am here to stay, I hope.

We follow our own plan, based around testing on our own bodies. For us that is Intermittent Fasting combined with resistance training, and a cheat day once a week. High protein, or only protein for lunch, protein, veggies and pulses etc for an evening meal, and high carb directly after weights training, for maximum muscle gain for a nicely toned body.

Um, sorry, I rambled on there!

Just nice to find a cool place I guess.

yoyonogo
Thu, Jun-07-12, 10:22
welcome to the group!

mviesprite
Thu, Jun-07-12, 12:44
Welcome! Spain - wow, nice. Glad to have you join us. This is a life-saving group. Everyone is helpful and informative. You've done a great job so far on your weight loss.

Maddy, welcome to you too! Poking around journals is so inspiring - and people have great recipe/food ideas. The best part is you realize you are not alone in your triumphs and struggles.
Kat

NicPr
Thu, Jun-07-12, 15:59
Isn't this forum just great? I was lucky enough that it was the first low carb forum I tried. Welcome from one newbie to others.

I would love to chat to you about workout and energy level when not burning glucose. Please let me know when you're ready to chat.

LilyB
Thu, Jun-07-12, 17:20
Welcome, Dave.
I like this place best of all the others out there.
Hope you will, too. :)

perfectfit
Thu, Jun-07-12, 21:09
At last, I feel like I have found a home. I have gone through a ton of different low carb forums today, looking for somewhere to chat, and also to help others with their quest for weight loss, a healthier life, and or fitness goals.

And I think I have found it here.

I am very much looking forward to interacting with everyone, helping where I can, and hopefully having a great place to hang out and chat about this lifestyle.

Oh yeah, my name is Dave, nice to meet you all ;)

I am from the UK but currently living the good life in Spain.

Welcome. Out of all the low carb forums I feel this one is the best one.

Lean Ape
Fri, Jun-08-12, 02:15
Thanks everyone, such a warm welcome. NicPr, feel free to contact me anytime.

Kirsteen
Sat, Jun-09-12, 03:58
Hey there, and welcome. I am jealous of you living in Spain, as the UK weather is horrible at the moment. I long to live in Spain, but family ties keep me anchored in the UK.

How easy is it to get organic veggies in Spain? I sometimes go over to Andalucia to catch up on sunshine, and to date, I haven't seen organic veggies in shops. Is there any reliable source for them over there?

Enjoy your sunlit days and balmy evenings. Oh... for a shady verandah with a beautiful view.

Lean Ape
Sun, Jun-10-12, 02:31
Kirsteen, we are at the bottom of Catalonia so fairly north. I haven't really seen anything labelled organic here. A lot of produce is local, but I wouldn't have a clue what is on it.

But hey, we grow our own, and eat seasonally, so most of it is pure 100% organic, and we don't have to go shopping to get it either. We even still have a squash from last autumn stored!

And sorry about the weather, I heard it was really bad there at the moment.

Kirsteen
Sun, Jun-10-12, 02:45
Kirsteen, we are at the bottom of Catalonia so fairly north. I haven't really seen anything labelled organic here. A lot of produce is local, but I wouldn't have a clue what is on it.

But hey, we grow our own, and eat seasonally, so most of it is pure 100% organic, and we don't have to go shopping to get it either. We even still have a squash from last autumn stored!

And sorry about the weather, I heard it was really bad there at the moment.

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't be able to grow my own veggies in a holiday let, so I guess I'll just have to make a choice between my healthier diet here or the healthier air out there. Catalonia's lovely, though I haven't been in that part of Spain for years. Enjoy! It's another wet, grey day here.