PDA

View Full Version : Quiche 11 And Baked Egg Custard Dessert

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CHRIS BRAY
Mon, May-13-02, 04:27
Try these there yummy.

Quiche
4 eggs
small tube cottage cheese (chives optional)
2 - 4 oz cheese (crumbly)
1/4 diced onion (optional)
(can of corned beef) (optional)

Place cornedbeef in bottom of oven proof dish.Beat eggs add cottage cheese &onion fold in cheese. Pour over cornedbeef. Bake moderate oven until firm & golden brown, excellent hot for main meal or eaten cold for breakfast or a snack.

Baked egg custard dessert
4 eggs
1/2 pint double cream
4 sacharrins
Pinch of Nutmeg (optional to taste)

Beat eggs, add cream and sweetners pour in 2 pint oven proof dish, sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake in moderate oven till golden (approx 15 minutes) serve with fresh cream (optional but extra yummy)

mselly572
Mon, May-13-02, 08:00
Thanks for the custard recipe, I've been craving something like that, guess I'll have to whip up a batch tonight. I can hardly wait.

Have a great LC day! ;)

CHRIS BRAY
Sat, May-25-02, 12:34
Hope you enjoyed the baked custard...

I have recently tried whisking double cream (heavy cream) and adding choc mint option (light) just 1/4 of a sachet low in carbs and yyyuuummmmyyy there's also all those other 'option' flavours to try. :thup:

:wave:

raindancer
Wed, Jun-05-02, 13:54
Hi All:)

I get sooo hungry for somthing like this...Thanks for taking the time out to give us these Great ideas! :wave:

CHRIS BRAY
Mon, Jun-10-02, 04:25
Yesterday I tried

Fruity Mousse
About 6 carbs for the whole recipe, Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 pack of SF jelly,
1 pack of cream cheese 255g.
Beat cream cheese until soft. Make up jelly with half water, leave to cool for 5 mins. Mix well with cream cheese and chill for a few hours.

Absolutely FAB the whole family loved it. :roll: