PDA

View Full Version : New, 22 year old from the Netherlands and very excited!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Maddy89
Tue, Jun-05-12, 11:46
Hey everyone,

I can't stress enough how happy I am to have found this forum! I found two others, but both were rather negative. I failed one day, and asked how to get over it, and the immediate reply was so negative, it didn't feel right! I browsed through the forum and absolutely love the atmosphere :)

A little bit about me, I'm a 22 years old woman from the Netherlands. I am about to finish my Bachelor degree in Sociology and will continue with a Master degree after the summer, very excited! Being a student, for the past four years there were many 'opportunities' to drink a lot of alcohol and dine with friends almost every day. It has been great, but it has also made me a little bit too fat ;) I'm not an exceriser, although I recently started to enjoy (power) yoga. I am quite flexible, so I enjoy it better than running etc.

About my weight. I started weighing 185 lbs, in a week time I'm now at 180. Probably mostly water. After about 5 days I fell of the diet for about 1,5 days. I had apple pie, and a sandwich the day after. Not good, I know, but back on track! I find it especially hard to eat right with others, who have prepared a meal for me.

I want to slim down from 185 to 165. Maybe a little less, but 165 would be a healthy weight and should be achievable I think. Mainly, the fat is stored around my belly and love handles. That's the part that annoys me the most and is most visual.

I read Atkin's Diet Revolution and enjoy the plan. I have some sort of a IBS, not sure though, but belly pains have gotten a lot better when I started to cut down on carbs. It was when I googled 'low carb diet' when I found out I could actually lose weight with it, and chose Atkins. I love meat and veggies, it's not that hard for me in the evenings. Breakfast I find a bit boring with all the eggs, and lunch is difficult because I'm at university a lot and they offer barely any veggies. Just fruit and bread. I try to take my own though, or lunch at home.

OK. I have to stop now, haha! I'm definitely going to start a journal and hopefully will receive feedback on it.

I would love a reply from anyone :wave:

Kelly_L
Tue, Jun-05-12, 12:58
Welcome Maddy
Lots of great people here. I can't say that people will always be positive but for the most part they will try to give you encouragement and honesty
Good luck
Kelly

WereBear
Tue, Jun-05-12, 13:01
The only times we get on each other's case is when we might be telling ourselves a fib (little lie.)

I think it's wonderful that you are embarking on healthy eating at such a young age. Wish I had done so, sooner.

freckles
Tue, Jun-05-12, 19:21
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Kelly and WereBear are right....this is a VERY friendly forum....but the peeps here are also honest. If you ask for advice be prepared to hear things you might not necessarily want to hear. ;) I've experienced this repeatedly, but all the great advice has helped me get to maintenance (and so far, stay there).

I hope your tummy troubles continue to improve as you commit to this way of eating and have fewer and fewer off plan foods.

gbell1
Tue, Jun-05-12, 20:29
Welcome Maddy and Good luck !! GB

sandy.ch
Wed, Jun-06-12, 08:10
Wishing you loads if succees, next to Gbellxxx

Chris_D
Wed, Jun-06-12, 11:34
Welcome! :wave: Glad you found us!

This community is THE best for support, wisdom, motivation and that kick in the butt when we need it most!! You learn something new everyday! So jump right in and join us.

Remember this is a lifestyle with so many benefits not a D.I.E.T.!!

Best wishes on your journey to a happier & healthier YOU!!

~ Chris ~