PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

_MsMonica
Mon, Jun-04-12, 15:30
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to the low carb lifestyle. I have tried a number of low carb diets and as of right now I am doing Atkins. I've tried other expensive ones like Medifast, which works but is very expensive for the meals. So I found a happy medium with Atkins because I can have occasional shakes without being obligated to buy them month after month or week after week. I can eat regular foods and not be tied to any shake or supplements.

Also, this time around I am working on making it into a lifestyle. So I am not thinking of it as a diet, I am thinking of it as an eat habit change. I have, like many have been on many a diet and have been up and down the scale. Loosing and gaining the same 10 pounds. Not too long ago I stumbled back upon a weight chart that I had logged onto at an old Atkins account and last year April 2011 I weighed myself in at 315. Couldn't believe it!

But this year I took a challenge and after having lost that 15 somewhere between April 2011 and January 2012, my husband and I decide to make some new year resolutions like to stop eating fast food and eating out sooooo much! I took on the goal of swearing off all sugary beverages.

And so as of now June 4, 2012 I weigh 279. I only drink water and occasionally tea with no sugar. I don't eat fast food any more but I do have a once a month splurge. Not often because I am not trying to pick up bad habits again. I exercise everyday! YES, EVERYDAY! I started working out at 20 minutes and am now working on an hour which I split in half from morning to night. 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before bed. Weights every other day.

Right now, I'm at a plateau. Seems like every ten pounds I hit a plateau. Right at when I am going to move from one weight range to the other. Like out of the 80's to the 70's. So I am trying to figure out how to adjust my eating. I think I'm not getting enough fiber for one. And I need to incorporate more vegetables. But I am learning and my next goal it to make 250 by September 2012.

I hope I have a chance to meet new people and learn more about what and how you are meeting your goals. And have some fun doing it! Feel free to send some tips my way.

That girl they all know and love,
MsMonica :wave:

becky7474
Mon, Jun-04-12, 15:42
Welcome! :wave:

WeMayBeMad
Mon, Jun-04-12, 16:36
Welcome, the people on this forum are very supportive and friendly. Also, more than anything, they're helpful.

I suggest starting a daily journal, I've only been here for about a week, but I've found that updating my journal daily has made this first week a lot easier than my first go round with Low carbing.