PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Oasis8
Sun, Jun-03-12, 03:21
Well I took the plunge three weeks ago and started the Atkins Induction diet. Despite the scale and the mirror, I felt great and good about myself. It took my Vedic astrologer to point out that I was "self nourishing" myself into obesity. She was right, while I was doing it out of misplaced self love, I was still doing it, with all the scratch tasty stodgy high carb casseroles and delicious home baked goods I made for myself.

So I had a bit of breakthrough, that self love could be more holistic and healthy. So three weeks later, have lost 12lbs, feel great, starting to get compliments. Love that I know longer have food cravings caused by sugar ( I was a great baker). I feel so good, I have to look at my gut in the mirror and repeat the journey has just begun. 12 lbs down, 25% of my goal, 36 more to go!! I have been swimming daily and discovered what a wonderful relaxation that can be. BP and blood sugar are at perfect levels.

The breakthrough has been for me too that I dont have to accept being overweight as my "destiny". I have the tools and discipline to make a change. I am glad to have found the forum and the success stories are really encouraging/ Take care, all fellow travelors, Matt

Kirsteen
Sun, Jun-03-12, 03:39
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your healthier diet and lifestyle. Thanks for sharing your story. :D

Oasis8
Wed, Jul-18-12, 03:00
Hi Just thought I would check in : in two months: down 25- 30lbs, so I am thrilled. Two inches off the waistline and hoping for more. In the two month period I was "on the road" for three weeks so that was a challenge, the first two trips left me with the same weight, so on the third I enlisted a Personal trainer at the Hotel I was staying and lost weight.

I swim very day and look forward to it. My 40 High School reunion is coming up on August 18th and I am target to look my best for it! I feel so great that my appetite is finally under control. The Atkins diet works

Lesson learned: follow it. I sort of invented a half low fat, half low carb diet at the beginning of the year and ended up 10lbs heavier!

I am not a success story yet, but I am HAPPY to be losing. Visits to the Forum help too. Thank you to everyone who shares their expereince here. Matt.

Kirsteen
Wed, Jul-18-12, 06:20
That's wonderful news, Matt. Well done. Don't forget to update your stats to show your new weight. :D If my calculations are correct, you must be around 1/2 way to your goal. :D

Good luck with continuing your success.