PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

caseymck
Sun, May-27-12, 23:43
My name's Casey. I'm a 38 year old male, doing Atkins seriously for the second time. I started Atkins in November of 2003 at 6'2", 340 pounds, and I proceeded to lose 120 pounds in the following 8 months. I maintained pretty well for a few years, but then an accident in 2007 laid me up for several months. I gained back about 60 pounds and have decided now to take it all off again. I'm finding Atkins rougher and less effective this time around, which makes it even tougher to stick with it. I think age really is a factor, and I'm feeling it! But I'm thinking a support system would really serve me well last time around. I developed a major depression my first go-around on Atkins, and I want to make sure I keep it in check this time. So, long story short, Hello!

gonwtwindo
Sun, May-27-12, 23:55
Hi Caseymack,

Welcome to the boards!

I lost 60 lbs in 2004 by just cutting out starches and sugars...no real limits on LC foods...and lost 60 lbs.

Now, 8 years older...that doesn't work. I have to lower my calories. Hope this idea helps you.

caseymck
Mon, May-28-12, 00:11
Wow, so there IS something to the age thing maybe? Or is it that your body has learned the trick? I'm still losing about 5 pounds a week--much slower than 2004. Congrats on your weight loss, by the way.

ferrygirl
Mon, May-28-12, 01:31
Welcome! Best of luck to you!

becky7474
Mon, May-28-12, 08:19
Welcome! :wave:

Yes, age matters. :agree: