PDA

View Full Version : pennsylvania low carber here!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sherrybee
Sat, Apr-28-01, 17:05
hi guys!!!>..........just a hello from PA...if you're close---gimme a holler!!!!!!!!

fern2340
Tue, May-15-01, 05:58
PA too!!!!!!

Trainerdan
Wed, Jun-06-01, 21:34
Southern NJ here ...

sherrybee
Thu, Jun-07-01, 05:59
cool dan......welcome!!!!!!

Mae West
Tue, Jun-12-01, 00:19
Awww... I used to be a PA resident! I was born in Norristown, grew up in King of Prussia! But I haven't been back there since I was 10... (although I promised myself when I moved I would come back!) I understand the mall in K of P is outstanding now! It was brand new when my family moved to Idaho in 1963. I still miss the trees...

Mae West

fern2340
Tue, Jun-12-01, 06:04
Mae-
I live about 20 minutes from the King of Prussia Mall!!! The mall is rather large now. I get lost in it every time I go...

Jerzee
Tue, Jun-12-01, 07:06
Greetings from the sunny Jersey shore! Any idea's on a possible NJ/PA lowcarb gathering?

Trainerdan
Sat, Jun-23-01, 11:46
well, I hear that someone from Cherry Hill just signed-on, so our little group is getting larger ... a few more and we could fill a dinner table! LOL.

sherrybee
Sun, Jun-24-01, 05:21
hmmmmmmmmmm........any chance of a low carb meet????????..........we can all CERTAINLY discuss it!!!!!!!!

Trainerdan
Sun, Jun-24-01, 05:32
I am definately interested in it, but Sherry would have the furthest to travel. The rest of us are in the Philly/Jersey shore area.

What does everyone else think?

sherrybee
Sun, Jun-24-01, 07:17
would be okay with me......it's just getting a free day......not that easy with my schedule:(

fern2340
Sun, Jun-24-01, 09:53
I think this would be fun!!! My schedule is pretty hectic but I would definitely like to have one!!!!!!!!!!!

sherrybee
Sun, Jun-24-01, 10:35
cool fern.....i would like it too!!!!!!!!

sherrybee
Wed, Jun-27-01, 14:17
any one still interested????????

fern2340
Wed, Jun-27-01, 15:57
Sure-
Start throwing around dates, times, places.......

hmmmm... it would be me, you, TrainerDan, Jerzee and tina maybe? who's interested????????????

femmuscles
Wed, Jun-27-01, 16:31
i am new to this site, i usually frequent the elitefitness site, but i am in collingsood, south jersey that is between cherry hill and philly. does anyone hang out at top dog. does anyone train at any gyms in this area?

fern2340
Wed, Jun-27-01, 18:09
I live about 30 minutes from there but I am always near there--- my boyfriend lives in Audubon...

Trek1400
Sat, Jun-30-01, 17:24
Hi Sherry,
I'm from PA, close to Gettysburg !!!

Gary

sherrybee
Sun, Jul-01-01, 04:02
cool!!!!!!!!!!!>...........one close to me:D

ChrstnHrpr
Fri, Jul-13-01, 15:23
Harrisburg here! It would be great to meet you guys sometime!

DonnaVT
Sat, Jul-14-01, 21:45
I live in Oklahoma now but will be going home to PA for a visit in August. I grew up in Pittsburgh area. Can't wait to get back.

I spent a semester at Valley Forge Christian College in Phoenixville (?), so I know where King of Prussia mall is!

Pennsylvanian's stay true to their state no matter where they roam - there is some kind of bond that once your a Pennsylvanian - your always a Pennsylvanian.

Take Care all!
DonnaVT

Jackie K.
Mon, Jul-16-01, 13:49
I live close to Omaha, is there anyone one from Nebraska or Eastern Iowa?

ellbeegee
Wed, Aug-15-01, 15:43
Anyone from western PA?

fern2340
Wed, Aug-15-01, 16:38
Ellbeegee,
I am from eastern PA but spent 4 yrs at college about 1 1/2 hrs from Pittsburgh. A lot of my friends (who I miss dearly) live near there!!!!!!!!!!

ellbeegee
Wed, Aug-15-01, 17:36
Where did you go to college? I have been in western PA all my life. I love Fall in PA the best!!

fern2340
Wed, Aug-15-01, 18:46
I went to St. Francis in Loretto.

ellbeegee
Wed, Aug-15-01, 18:59
Beautiful countryside! I pass there on my way to Altoona and State College

KatiJoy
Wed, Aug-22-01, 08:07
i'm here in pennsylvania too.....what part are you from?

fern2340
Wed, Aug-22-01, 09:21
Hi KatiJoy!
Welcome... Where is Bridgeville located? I am from Philadelphia.

fern2340
Wed, Oct-10-01, 20:33
Just wanted to bump this thread up a bit.... I've noticed some people on the board have been from PA or close to it and not stopped by here... so
BUMP BUMP BUMP

gecolon
Sun, Nov-11-01, 13:34
Hello :wave:

Here is a holla from Harrisburg, PA

hare_ball
Mon, Nov-12-01, 11:04
Hello all, I grew up in Erie. Moved to St. louis in 96, but return at least once a year. Can't get enough of home.

gecolon
Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:09
Oh my dreary Erie, mistake on the lake? I graduated from McDowell. I lived in Millcreek for 4yrs. Only thing I can say I miss about Erie is the Peninsula. :wave:

weh
Mon, Nov-12-01, 18:42
Wow!
Lots of people from PA! I'm living out near Reading, PA, now, but I grew up around Pittsburgh.

gecolon
Tue, Nov-13-01, 10:18
~Weh,
Where at around PGH? I was born in Cannonsburg (Washington county). I lived there until I was 14.

Tasha
Mon, Nov-19-01, 15:16
Hiya! I'm really new to the forum, but I live in Phoenixville, near King of Prussia. I'd be interested in meeting you guys.

Due to posts from you and Dan, I bought _The Ketogenic Diet_. I'm giving it some thought, as I like to maintain a physically taxing level of exercise and find I can't even get beyond blah-aerobic stuff as a low-carber. However, I'm going to wait at least one more month to see how much fat I continue to lose and whether my lower muscle energy is balanced out by having less fat on my body to move around... we'll see!

Any further thoughts? Basically, I'm afraid of carbing up and then backsliding somehow...

Tasha

mommy2boys
Thu, Jan-31-02, 18:39
I live 30 minutes south of Pittsburgh in Washington, PA.

fern2340
Thu, Jan-31-02, 19:22
Originally posted by Tasha
Hiya! I'm really new to the forum, but I live in Phoenixville, near King of Prussia. I'd be interested in meeting you guys.

Hey Tasha!
I totally missed this post before!!! I am very sorry and hopefully you'll be around the board. Are you doing a ketogenic diet?
Hope all is well!

bcu28
Tue, Feb-05-02, 09:05
Hello. Scottdale, Pa about 35miles southwest of Pittsburgh Pa :spin:

mommy2boys
Tue, Feb-05-02, 22:01
I wonder how far away that is from Washington, PA?

Ira & Fran
Sun, Feb-17-02, 10:42
:bash: Hi Ya! Ira & Fran here from York, PA

We were on the Atkins diet.. two / three years ago and gained all the weight we loss back. We have tried to go back on the diet several times since then. WE ARE NOW COMMITTED TO DO IT AGAIN. After the first week we are much happier...WHY...we have found a store where we can buy many many items that are zero carbs or low carbs. Do we understand the fiber reduces the total carbs one for one? If this is different then the diabetic diet please share why?

We also like the idea of a support group such as this...

Happy New Year...Ira and Fran

saraschild
Tue, Feb-19-02, 19:50
hi i am quite new to this. i am not sure how to navigate. i live outside philly and would love to chat with anyone . i get lost very easy.

StarOrchid
Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:52
hey ira and fran, I'm from York, PA also! (that's 30 minutes or so south of harrisburg for those who don't know)

Ira & Fran
Thu, Feb-21-02, 20:18
:yum:

Have you been to the nutritional store at the Kingston Center?

If not it is York's best kept secret for all of the low carb dieters.

You will find great food choices that you won't believe we are on diets.

The pillows are more then yummy....

Fran

Atrsy
Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:35
Hi :wave:
I'm also from near Harrisburg. I grew up in Centre Hall, which is close to State College, and I went to college at Kutztown.

Goo to see all you PA folks here.

Atrsy
Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:38
Ira and Fran

Where in York is Kingston Center? I know how to get to West Manchester Mall and The Galleria, but the rest of York is still a mystery to me. I live near Harrisburg.

I'd love to take a trip to this store. Thanks

fern2340
Tue, Feb-26-02, 10:56
Originally posted by saraschild
hi i am quite new to this. i am not sure how to navigate. i live outside philly and would love to chat with anyone . i get lost very easy.

Hi Saraschild!
I am from right outside of Philly also. Where are you at? Welcome to the board! It is easy to get lost but make sure you ask lots of questions. Everyone here is very helpful!

Linda

StarOrchid
Thu, Feb-28-02, 17:00
Wow, i've never heard of the kingston center... i'll have to check it out! Thanks Ira and Fran.

StarOrchid
Thu, Feb-28-02, 17:08
Atrsy,
I looked up the kingston center and it's at 2550 Kingston road, in york, near Memory lane. You can get there going south on 83 and then route 30. Use mapquest.com to get more accurate directions. I'm gonna check it out this weekend.

p.s. york people, where at in york are ya? i'm in East York off of Mount Rose Avenue, but soon to be moving north of Dover, pa by Pinchot state park

-Ambrea

Atrsy
Fri, Mar-01-02, 21:06
Ambrea,

Thanks for the info. Since there are Ira and Fran, Gecolon, you and I all in the same area, maybe we should all meet at a Wendy's some day and have a chicken salad. It would be fun to just sit and chat about our diet experiences and get to know someone in the same boat.

Carol :)

StarOrchid
Mon, Mar-04-02, 15:30
Sounds like a good deal, atrsy :) Perhaps a day in April, like a sunday? I'm going to be busy packing and moving until then. Which Wendy's would be good for everybody??
-Ambrea

gecolon
Tue, Apr-09-02, 14:08
Wendy's sounds good :) Let's plan something. Gina-

NavyWife32
Mon, Apr-22-02, 09:18
:wave: I live just outside of Philly...I have been dying to meet people from my area, the other board I am on has only a few East Coasters!!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

fern2340
Mon, Apr-22-02, 11:34
Hey there Monique!

I live right outside of Philly also. There aren't many of us in this direct area. Welcome to the board!!

Linda