PDA

View Full Version : ****waves**** Hellooooooo (newbie)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kellyjane
Thu, May-24-12, 06:34
Hi all,

My name is kellyjane, i have been overweight (prob obese) for the last 5 years on and off (mainly on) I've done ww loads of times but the high carb content really doesn't seem to suit my body at all and as a consequence I'm still big, when I do lose weight its extremely slow and to be honest I get really demotivated :o(.....then cheat!

I have tried Atkins before and got on quite well until I was stupidly talked out of it by friends and family, although looking back I think they didn't particulary like me losing weight????

So this time I'm not telling anyone just getting on with it and leaving potatoes, bread and all that stuff behind.

Please could you have a little peek at my menu today to make sure its ok :o)

Breakfast
eggs and bacon, black coffee, pint of water

Lunch
paprika chicken, 2 eggs made into omelette with cheese and 1 thin slice of ham, 0.5 cup of beetroot, pint of water

Dinner
salmon steak, lettuce, peppers, 1 tomato, and sauteed mushrooms.

Thanks all
Kelly :)

becky7474
Thu, May-24-12, 07:58
:wave: Welcome!

yoyonogo
Thu, May-24-12, 14:39
hi im new too. my name is angie.

euphoricme
Fri, May-25-12, 19:45
Hi all,

My name is kellyjane, i have been overweight (prob obese) for the last 5 years on and off (mainly on) I've done ww loads of times but the high carb content really doesn't seem to suit my body at all and as a consequence I'm still big, when I do lose weight its extremely slow and to be honest I get really demotivated :o(.....then cheat!

I have tried Atkins before and got on quite well until I was stupidly talked out of it by friends and family, although looking back I think they didn't particulary like me losing weight????

So this time I'm not telling anyone just getting on with it and leaving potatoes, bread and all that stuff behind.

Breakfast

Lunch
paprika chicken, 2 eggs made into omelette with cheese and 1 thin slice of ham, 0.5 cup of beetroot, pint of water

Dinner

Thanks all

I take a more Paleo approach to the diet (tomato, peppers, mushrooms? ahh), but everything there seems to be easily under 30 grams of carbs (I try to stay under 20).

Some people (I guess including Atkins) worry about caffeine. It has never bothered me. And honestly, I would rather be 400 pounds the rest of my life that never be able to drink coffee - dead serious lol.

I also drink a few gallons of artificially sweetened Snapple a day. Artificial sweeteners (people claim though it seems biochemically friggin' impossible) that they can cause problems as well. Once you are comfortable with the diet you might want to add some more flavorful drinks in and see if it messes with your diet at all.

Brinethery
Sat, May-26-12, 21:16
I would rather be 400 pounds the rest of my life that never be able to drink coffee - dead serious lol.

http://people.timezone.com/pchong/espressamente/espresso.jpg

freckles
Sat, May-26-12, 21:42
Hi all,

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Thanks all

Hello and welcome, Kelly! :wave: Your menu looks very good and tasty! Are you logging foods on My PLAN, or calculating carbs some other way? Your food choices look good as long as you're at 20 carbs or less.

I'm with you. This time (my third) on lc I didn't tell anyone but my immediate family what I was doing. To everyone else I just said, no sugar, no wheat, no potatoes (no white). It wasn't until recently after sustaining my losses for a time that I became more candid about the exacts. I'm pretty sure most people still think I'm nuts, but I don't care. I'm healthy and feel GREAT! I'm not going to let ANYONE talk me out of that! :thup:

Anyway, glad you found us! Please consider starting a journal too. ;)

Kirsteen
Mon, May-28-12, 03:28
Hi there, welcome and good luck with the diet.

You didn't say what stage of the diet you're on. Generally it looks great. I personally am quite careful with beetroot - it's quite high sugar and I don't think it's included in Atkins induction. You're allowed the green part of the beets on induction. I'm on the OWL part of the diet, and I do include some beets, but I have them grated, raw, into salads - about 1 tablespoonful. However, I am eating them for my health, and if weightloss was a higher priority, I'd probably not eat them.

I'm one of those who cannot drink any coffee, but lots of people can drink one cup daily without problems. If you find yourself getting hungry or having cravings a couple of hours later, you could try swapping to a decaffeinated coffee to see if that helps.

I hope you enjoy this great diet and have the same success as others have.

caseymck
Mon, May-28-12, 04:41
Yeah this looks like a good sample menu. As far as soda goes, I do drink a lot of diet coke and diet pepsi, and my weight loss this time around is much much slower with Atkins. Unless it's the painkillers I take, I'd say the soda might be the major reason for my slow weight loss. Nothing else makes sense, because I keep to about 25g carb a day. Mind you, I'm still losing weight--about 10 pounds in 12 days--but it's not coming off as fast as it used to. Good luck!

kellyjane
Tue, May-29-12, 23:42
Thanks everyone for your support I am infact on induction, to be honest went a off plan on Saturday....but knew I would as we went to a..... Guns n Roses concert..(we've had the tickets a while)... so back on it straight away on Sunday.

I know this put me back, but I am already back in ketosis :O)

Good luck to you all with your wl journies, looking forward to getting to know you all xx Kellyjane xx

fitfuture
Fri, Jun-08-12, 21:36
Hi,
I had alot of people tell me it was unhealthy the way i eat when i first started and wanted to argue the facts and reasons why i was doing my body damage. I ignored all of this and continued LC lifestyle. They're are eating their words now as i've nearly hit goal weight and they ask me for recipes and advice etc. Keep at it and your menu looks fine. :) If i've had a bit of over indulgence on some non LC carb food then the following day i have a protien only day and that seems to get me back on track. Good luck. :thup: