PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Cakes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nikita82
Tue, May-22-12, 19:29
So, I finally tracked down some coconut flour (those of you who have used it will know how my pupils dilated when I smelled it!!).

I decided to try and replicate a basic cookie recipe with it.
The bad news is, it didn't come out crunchy or chewy like a cookie.
But who cares, because the good news is I've created a lush little cake that's high in fat, moderate protein & low in carbs.

Ingredients:
150g softened butter
3/4 cup granulated sweetener (Splenda or Stevia-based)
3 eggs
1/3 cup coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon

Cream the butter, sweetener and eggs. Sift in the coconut flour & baking powder. Mix in the vanilla & cinnamon. Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake at 180 celsius (350 Fahrenheit) for 15-20 minutes or until golden.

This recipe made 14 snack-sized cakes, which I found to be just like a nice rich little teacake. Even better knowing I can have a few without blowing my daily allowance for carbs - each one is only 1.7 using Natevia. :yum:

robynsnest
Tue, May-22-12, 19:36
Thanks for sharing!!

Buttoni
Wed, May-23-12, 08:18
They sound good! I may give those a try and am printing this out to make eventually, but holding off on baking very often until I get to goal. These last 17-20# have been real stubborn to get off. Thanks for sharing your recipe here!

graciejean
Wed, May-23-12, 14:38
Sounds real good to me.