PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Babette R
Sun, May-20-12, 09:27
I have an issue that may be TMI - but I really need some help! Seems that I'm only having a bowel movement once every 3 days or so ... and then it's not very much. I started eating those "Muffin in a Minute" last week and since then the movements are not painful, but I'm still concerned that I'm not going enough and often enough. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

lc4good
Sun, May-20-12, 09:43
Make sure your woe includes a good amount of dark green leafy veggies and make sure you are drinking plenty of water. If you aren't in any discomfort then I doubt there is any real issue here.

Babette R
Sun, May-20-12, 09:51
Yes, I eat lots of healthy veggies (lots of spinach) and drink almost a gallon of water every day! lol Thanks for writing me back!!

noinwi
Sun, May-20-12, 11:00
You might try a daily magnesium supplement, or increase the dose if you already take one.

WereBear
Sun, May-20-12, 11:45
I don't know a better website for these issues than:

Gut Sense (http://www.gutsense.org/)

A lot of the information challenges what we've always been told, but that doesn't bother me. Since what I'd always been told about losing weight turned out to be all wrong, too.

JDJD2004
Sun, May-20-12, 11:50
I eat a lot of veggies and salad, but I still go a lot less frequently on this WOE, and the volume is much less. I think it has something to do with the length of time protein takes to move through the system. I'm okay with it as long as I don't feel constipated or have pain. So far, so good.