PDA

View Full Version : hellllllooo

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mahnstor
Sun, May-13-12, 16:48
hello everyone needed to try something new been on and off low calorie/fat diets after going to the doctors for pneumonia in feb 2011 and seeing i was 363lbs (nurse made me strip to my underwear because i definitely didn't look that big) anyway over the course of a year off and on i dropped down to 280-275ish but i was so sick of being hungry all the time i needed something new..started CKD bout 6 days ago loving it so far even having trouble filling my calorie goals for the day now! i'll be honest i didn't buy the whole fat and protein keeping you satiated while still on a deficit so i was shocked...anyway in the 6 days so far i've dropped from 276 to 265....looking mostly for support and tips with weight training and cardio as im told you need a different approach for both while on low carb

becky7474
Mon, May-14-12, 08:20
Welcome!! :wave:

Go check out Peter Attia, he is an amazing athlete and does LC.

Peter Attia (http://waroninsulin.com/start-here)

Kirsteen
Mon, May-14-12, 15:29
Well done for making the transition. Seemingly it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to fat-burning, so it's better to step back from exercising while transitioning. Once you're fully keto-adapted, seemingly there's no difference, although some people do eat more carbs around their exercise times. You'll find out more on the exercise board.

Good luck with your progress on the diet and in improving your health.