PDA

View Full Version : Excited to be here, and glad to meet you!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

randomnmbr
Sat, May-12-12, 11:50
Hello Anyone reading this,
I thought I would introduce myself and tell you a little about my diet and my history.
I am in my 30s and live in Chicago. I recently quit my management job in the beauty industry to try to start my own business.
Over the last few years I have gained a lot of weight (like over 80 lbs)for a variety of reasons. First of all I have pretty severe hypothyroidism, and my medication needs adjustment fairly regularly. I can feel when it's just not doing it but due to not having insurance and working a million hours a week (eating out every meal) I just wasn't getting proper medical attention even though I knew I needed it. Additionally, I began a relationship where my boyfriend (now fiance) was a very unhealthy eater; at first I conformed to his habits instead of him to mine. I was vegetarian so that meant tons of pasta, cheese, and pizza. Fortunately now I have us both back on track.
At first I was on a nonketogenic low carb diet: I stayed vegetarian, cut processed foods and kept carbs below 30% of my total intake. I lost some weight (7 lbs in a month) and felt good but I wanted to kick it up.
I decided to convert to pescetarian at the advice of two doctors (I finally decided to take care of myself a couple months ago) and several books (I intend to return to ovo-lacto vegetarianism for maintenance). I also decided a week ago to focus on a ketogenic diet. I have not been using any "book plan". I chart everything I eat in fitday (I have been for a while) and keep carbs below 20g. I also am keeping with my months old habit of "fasting" a couple days a week where I just drink Braggs apple cider vinegar with water and flax seed, 2 table spoons of EV olive oil and/or coconut oil, and a tablespoon of organic rosemary. I have been ketogenic 4 days and I have lost 8 lbs in a week. I am hoping to reach my goal weight within a year.

I can't wait to meet and interact with all of you.

becky7474
Sat, May-12-12, 13:00
Welcome!! :wave:

freckles
Sat, May-12-12, 13:33
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your progress thus far!