PDA

View Full Version : A Warm Hello to the wonderful folks here :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Funes
Thu, May-10-12, 03:39
Hello Everybody,

I am repeat offender on the diet circuit. That is to say I have tried them all :) I lost 100 pounds 5 years ago. Then seem to be gaining/losing the same 25 pounds over and over. I think that has caused some thyroid, adrenal and hormonal issues.

I started low carb in October of last year after reading Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint. Lost the same 25 pounds and then regained after over the Christmas and New Years holidays. I am committed to low carb as this WOE keeps my mood issues in check. So here I am in this very warm and wonderful community where everybody is so helpful :)

I am still not clear what kind of plan I intend to follow. I am recovering from going too low carb in March, so keeping it kinda loose for now. Looking for some serious inspiration.

Thanks for reading.

Sarah

peauk
Thu, May-10-12, 06:03
:wave: HI Sarah,
welcome to the forum. It is a friendly place with lots of advice from every sort of eatling plan you can think of and some you hadn't.
good luck and hope you do well :)

robynsnest
Thu, May-10-12, 06:32
Welcome Sarah!!
Pick something you know you will be comfortable sticking with for life, 'cos once we get there we want to stay there right?
Keep us updated on your progress, and good on ya!

becky7474
Thu, May-10-12, 06:52
Welcome!! :wave:

According to many here and some diet docs, there is no such thing as too low carbs. :p

Funes
Fri, May-11-12, 02:28
Welcome!! :wave:

According to many here and some diet docs, there is no such thing as too low carbs. :p

Actually, I agree with that view. In fact going too low on my carbs seemed to have mitigated some of my issues like Insulin Resistance and blood sugar issues. However, things get complicated due to an under-active thyroid. I understand Dr. Atkins himself said that long term low carb causes problems in T4 to T3 conversion.

So looking to lick that for now and lose about 25 pounds.