PDA

View Full Version : Pear shaped. Goodbye boobs.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TaraTea
Wed, May-09-12, 03:17
this say it all:

bust: 42" and am now a 36".
waist: 40" and am now a 29".
hips: 44" and am now a 39".

as a pear shaped woman... goodbye boobs and not having a waist, but the hips and booty will hang on till the very end. the inches are slowly creeping to lower numbers. happy dance when they finally went below 40, but the bust and waist areas were magically gone in comparison.

peauk
Wed, May-09-12, 05:30
Same for me. Waist is tiny now, boobs shrunk a great deal but that booty is hanging on for dear life! It's the one body part I dislike the most too. One day it will get the hint & shrink, I hope!!!

Kirsteen
Wed, May-09-12, 05:47
36" 29" 39" sounds like a normal, great figure - most woman have curvy hips. A bit of toning to trim in your waistline, and you'll be perfect and look FABULOUS! I wish I could get my hourglass figure back. I am now shaped like a rectangle, which is better than a beachball, but still ......

Ilovelists
Wed, May-09-12, 06:06
Mine have started to shrink too thank god (started off as a 36GG), boyfriend wasn't as impressed as I was! lol

sexym2
Wed, May-09-12, 06:10
My girls have shrunk also, I warned BF before I started loosing though. For some crazy reason he likes them. Now they aren't full but long, I feel like a floppy old milking cow.

Amanda1978
Wed, May-09-12, 06:24
I would love for my breasts to shrink down. I hate shopping for bras when all I see are cute C cups everywhere. But it's one of the last places I noticeably loose, so for now I'll just need to keep pushing them back into bra's that are too small (from my smaller days) or have them jiggle around in the ones I have that are too big. (Can't seem to find a perfect fit the way they are now, and I'm not going to spend a fortune on bras that I know I'm not going to keep.)

I've always had wide hips, even before having kids and gaining weight so I don't expect them to go away. Last time I was at 150lbs I could see my hip bones sticking out at the sides with a very thin, healthy looking layer of fat on the outside, so I know, know, know I have a wide bone structure at my hips so no matter how much I lose my bottom will always be wide. (Which made it nice when in labor with my last 2 DD. I simply got an epidural, slept while being woken up from time to time to get checked, until babies were ready to pop out with doctors running through the door with no time to prepare. :lol: DH husband was more tired than me since I got to sleep through most of the nights while he sat in a chair waiting.)

Amanda1978
Wed, May-09-12, 06:31
My girls have shrunk also, I warned BF before I started loosing though. For some crazy reason he likes them. Now they aren't full but long, I feel like a floppy old milking cow.

HAHAHA - my mom warned me when I started getting boobs to always wear a bra even when sleeping to help minimize stretching skin from gravity. She knows from experience, if she doesn't wear a bra hers hang past her belly button. :lol:

My 11 yo DD asked me one day after sleeping over at her place to protect her from ever having to see them again because they are just creepy. (She walked into her room while she was changing for bed.) She said "Nan's are scary and wrinkly and I want the last time I saw them to BE THE LAST TIME EVER."

I warned her that every single female on my side of the family has large breasts and most are bigger than mine so chances are hers will be too.

sexym2
Wed, May-09-12, 06:34
:lol: :lol: My hips are a little brouder also, it does help with ahaving children. Both my lat 2 came out quickly, except I called the nurse and told her they were coming. Both times they didn't believe me, maybe next time they will? Everyone scrambles, my husband both times was out of the room smoking so he had to be found, the student Dr managed with out my Dr with the 1st one. With the last child he said he was hovering in the area. Smart man! He walked in with like, 1 min to spare. Babies aren't getting stuck because my hips are to too wide! Thats kinda odd though, my mother has narrow hips and pelvis, she had to have us all C-Section.

I'd like to get the girls put back up, but I've got one more baby and drop 40 lbs before that can happen.

noinwi
Wed, May-09-12, 09:39
Another pear here. I also lose from the top down...the hips are always the last to go. I was pleased when I lost some boobage cuz I no longer feel like I'm choking when I lie on the sofa to watch TV. Been dealing with 'hangers' for over 40 years due to getting huge(all over)when pregnant.

Sagehill
Wed, May-09-12, 09:47
My girls have shrunk also, I warned BF before I started loosing though. For some crazy reason he likes them. Now they aren't full but long, I feel like a floppy old milking cow.My 11 yo DD asked me one day after sleeping over at her place to protect her from ever having to see them again because they are just creepy. (She walked into her room while she was changing for bed.) She said "Nan's are scary and wrinkly and I want the last time I saw them to BE THE LAST TIME EVER."LOL!! Thank you all for this thread! I've been kinda depressed about mine and feel so much better now. :lol:

LorS
Wed, May-09-12, 09:51
TaraTea. Congrats. You are doing fantastic and almost there!! I will be there one day too. That waist measurement below 30 is where you need to be for optimal health. That is certainly my goal right now. Keep up the good work!

LorS
Wed, May-09-12, 09:56
HAHAHA - my mom warned me when I started getting boobs to always wear a bra even when sleeping to help minimize stretching skin from gravity. She knows from experience, if she doesn't wear a bra hers hang past her belly button. :lol:

My 11 yo DD asked me one day after sleeping over at her place to protect her from ever having to see them again because they are just creepy. (She walked into her room while she was changing for bed.) She said "Nan's are scary and wrinkly and I want the last time I saw them to BE THE LAST TIME EVER."

I warned her that every single female on my side of the family has large breasts and most are bigger than mine so chances are hers will be too.

Amanda, I had to laugh when I saw your post. When my daughter was 3 years old (she is now 25), she was in the shower with me and she says. Mom, I hope my boobs are as long as yours when I grow up. I was horrified. So, a few years ago, I had a breast reduction. Now, they are perky. No regrets, at all. My fear is they will sag as I lose more weight. Oh well, I guess I'll take a bit of sag if I can lose this big belly :)

Deciduous
Wed, May-09-12, 09:56
I agree that you sound perfect hourglass! I have been working on building up my booty, lol.

LorS
Wed, May-09-12, 09:57
36" 29" 39" sounds like a normal, great figure - most woman have curvy hips. A bit of toning to trim in your waistline, and you'll be perfect and look FABULOUS! I wish I could get my hourglass figure back. I am now shaped like a rectangle, which is better than a beachball, but still ......

LOL, a rectangle. Thank you for that giggle this morning. I needed it :)

Amanda1978
Wed, May-09-12, 11:15
Amanda, I had to laugh when I saw your post. When my daughter was 3 years old (she is now 25), she was in the shower with me and she says. Mom, I hope my boobs are as long as yours when I grow up.

My turn to laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: When my youngest was 2 or 3 she asked me in the shower how come I don't have long boobs like Nan does. :lol:

I was happy that mine were only a little bit long. :D

madeyna
Wed, May-09-12, 13:19
I am fortunate that I know how wide my hips were when I was really slim (96pds) they were 34 . So it gives me prospective on them being 38 right now. I know they will never get tiny no matter how much weight I lose. I,m okay with that. I wouldn,t mind 32 hips but I don,t want a boyish figure either so much lower than that wouldn,t be a plus for me. Now my waist is another story it has a long long way to go to get to my all time low of 17 inchs. I,d be happy with 24 at this point . I have been stuck at 29 for 2 months. The weight seems to be coming off my chest, arms and legs first. I have a little tiny pouch on my bellie between my pelvis and my bellie button when I wieghed 100 pds so I know without surgery that area will never go down. Especially after having 4 kids. :agree: I have my mom to thank for my boobs being high and perky at any size. Hers are amazing at 70 plus years. Mine look great even after loosing 6 inchs but I know they will deflate to a small c after 120. That is my incentive to not go to far with my wieght loss. Like that will ever be a problem :lol: At the snails pace I,m losing I would have to be on a diet for a full year to hit the weight range I stayed at in my twentys and thirtys. Not going to happen!

freckles
Wed, May-09-12, 13:27
This has been a very funny thread to read!

Oddly enough, the first two times I lost to goal I lost a whole cup size...but this time around I didn't. I was very glad of that! :lol:

sexym2
Wed, May-09-12, 16:35
A thought~~ Are most woman ok with the normal sagging of the breasts? Wether it be aging or weight loss or breast feeding? Obviousely its an issue for some of us, otherwise we wouldn't go under the nife to get our 20's girls back. But for the majority of us. . . ?

Kirsteen
Wed, May-09-12, 17:18
I'd hate mine to sag, but I guess it's fairly inevitable eventually. I think good posture makes a big difference to the way they appear, and I'd have a shot with exercise, skin toning, etc. maybe electrical impulse exercise if I felt that mine were needing help.

BeachPeach
Wed, May-09-12, 20:16
Love this thread!

The only time I've ever Had boobs to speak of was when I've been obese. As a normal person I've always barely filled a B cup, more like an A++cup. As a phatty, I made it to a C cup! I never knew the girls would be so huge, and I waited all those years! lol

Now that I've lost 25lbs imagine my surprise that when shopping for new bras I went from a 42C to a 40D! I've never been a D cup In My Life! Color me shocked. I don't expect it to last for long though and told hubby as much. He took it like a trooper though. :lol:

sexym2
Thu, May-10-12, 09:58
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never been that perky one, I've always had larger breasts. 36DD in high school and I wasn't even heavy. Can you emagine how big I was heavier, and breastfeeding? I rode horses, and lived a normal farm life, tried to wear good bras. Mom took me to JCPennys and bought expensive bras with good sapport and wide straps. But 3 kids, weight gain/loss and bouncing around on those horses they are really droopy. I have good posture, but that doesn't help. There flat all the way down to the bottom, its like someone stuffed a tennis ball in the bottom. I hate it, hate it, hate it, but, until we have our 4th child and I get another 10 grand together, its not happening. BF's a farmer, lol! If he had an extra 10 grand he's go buy a new antique tractor or something he thinks he needs. He claims he like the girls the way they are and guys like them to swing. I think he just doesn't want to get kicked out of bed.

LorS
Thu, May-10-12, 10:06
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never been that perky one, I've always had larger breasts. 36DD in high school and I wasn't even heavy. Can you emagine how big I was heavier, and breastfeeding? I rode horses, and lived a normal farm life, tried to wear good bras. Mom took me to JCPennys and bought expensive bras with good sapport and wide straps. But 3 kids, weight gain/loss and bouncing around on those horses they are really droopy. I have good posture, but that doesn't help. There flat all the way down to the bottom, its like someone stuffed a tennis ball in the bottom. I hate it, hate it, hate it, but, until we have our 4th child and I get another 10 grand together, its not happening. BF's a farmer, lol! If he had an extra 10 grand he's go buy a new antique tractor or something he thinks he needs. He claims he like the girls the way they are and guys like them to swing. I think he just doesn't want to get kicked out of bed.

Did you know that the majority of insurance companies pay for breast reduction? Just wanted to let you know that if you didn't already. I had it done in 08, same kind of issues as you. It is more difficult to detect breast cancer in breasts like that so it is a good thing for insurance to pay for these days. Check it out. You probably don't need 10 grand. Huggs.

Amanda1978
Thu, May-10-12, 10:07
I think having big breasts is partly why I never was into sports as a pre-teen/teen/adult. No matter what bra's I wore they always bounced. Not only did it hurt, as a teen I was very self-conscious about it. I would ski though, and loved it - no bounce and was covered with a snowsuit so it didn't matter. Even now I'll only exersice when I'm alone (or with the toddlers), I wear two sports bras to hold them in place and avoid anything with running or jumping too much. I mostly do yoga and pilates right now, but am going to start resistance again soon. (I lapsed in exercise for about a year, but I feel so much better doing something and am slowly getting back into it again.)

tragedian
Thu, May-10-12, 10:12
Mine haven't shrunk, they've deflated. They're like pancakes now. I am not a happy camper.

lovemypets
Thu, May-10-12, 10:14
I'm at a 34DD and praying to get into a D
Funny how when you lose the weight you want them to get smaller
otherwise it looks totally disproportionate to your body
Thankfully, mine still hold their shape.... however, I'd never go bra-less

LorS.....I am so going to ask my dr and insurance if I could get a reduction covered
thanks for that tip!!!

TaraTea
Wed, May-30-12, 04:43
wow! i wish i had known there was so much response to this thread. i wonder what happened to my email notifications?

anyway, a couple of weeks ago i decided that being bounce free while running was more important than being able to say i'm a c cup... i finally admitted i wear a 34b.

i don't have any kids, but i feel that gaining as much weight as i did put my boobs through plenty. i'm surprised to find that they still look good after all of this. let them get small... oh well. as long as they are proportionate to the rest of me.

i'm not above having a little work done in the future. i'd never want implants, but if i ever need a lift and i can afford it... i'm so there. i'm going to be cautious about where i go. i went out a month ago and met a man who confessed to getting liposuction. he said they left his stomach lopsized and did i want to feel?