PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow Low-Carbers!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Adarnah
Tue, May-08-12, 06:28
I am new here. A little bit about myself. In 2009, I weighed my biggest ~ 281 lbs and a very snug size 26 jean size. I went through a big ordeal in 2009 where I started losing the weight, (not really trying, but losing)...to today I have lost 86 lbs and am down to a loose size 14 jean size. I have yo-yo'd so much in dieting. In January of this year, I don't know where this motivation and determination came from but I was exercising and dieting like crazy and I loved every minute of it. I got down to my lowest weight in over 10 years - 179 lbs and down to a very loose size 12 in jean size. I was feeling great, and then I discovered a bout of depression where I just didn't care anymore.

I've been trying to stick to my diet plan first again about 3 weeks ago, but it never fails. I'm doing something wrong. I can't get up enough energy to exercise like I was or even build up to it. But I am trying.

I need people who are lo-carbing as well. No one that I know does lo-carb and they are not supportive AT ALL.

My current job leaves me sitting behind a pc for the time that I am working and I have no energy!

Please help! :help:

~ Candace ~

becky7474
Tue, May-08-12, 10:01
Welcome!! :wave:

Have you had your thyroid checked?

Adarnah
Tue, May-08-12, 13:37
Becky. Yes, I have had it checked and having a friend who has issues with their thyroid, I've felt like that might be it, but the dr's say no. I am thinking of having it checked again to be sure...Thanks :)

becky7474
Tue, May-08-12, 14:29
Make sure the doc checks your free T3 and free T4. And have him do tests (http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/recommended-labwork/) Check out the website I linked, lots of good info there.

gbell1
Tue, May-08-12, 15:27
Hey Your stats are impressive! keep going and keep up the great work
GB

Adarnah
Wed, May-09-12, 05:36
Thanks Everyone! And Becky, I sure will. Thanks for the information :)