PDA

View Full Version : Unlurking! :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Babette R
Sun, May-06-12, 18:48
Hi everyone ... I joined a few days ago and have been reading the posts and finally decided I should say "hi." I decided to give Adkins a try due to my high sugars which were NOT going down even with increased meds. Needless to say, those numbers started to improve almost overnight! I'm still on insulin and orals (Endo doesn't want to change prescription until I've lost 25 pounds). I also have a few other medicals issues - but the diabetes was the reason I reached out to this WOE. I officially started on 4/16 ... tomorrow will be 3 weeks. I had lost some weight prior and started Adkins at 293 ... I weight in tomorrow officially, but I sneaked a little early and it seems I'm at 284 right now. So, 9 pounds in 3 weeks ... not as good as I've seen, but I'm really happy about my blood sugars (if only I could figure out WHY my morning sugars are still high!) and I have lost some inches! :)

Anyway .. just thought I'd introduce myself ... looking forward to meeting you!

freckles
Sun, May-06-12, 19:56
Nice to meet you, Babette! You are off to a GREAT start. The most important thing is your blood sugars. All the weight/inches lost will be lc gravy! Congrats on beginning the adventure into a healthier you!!!

Blackstone
Sun, May-06-12, 20:26
Welcome Babette! :) Congrats on a great job so far.

Kelly_L
Sun, May-06-12, 20:36
Hi Babette, welcome and good luck tomorrow

mviesprite
Sun, May-06-12, 20:39
Hello and welcome! Hey 9 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Glad to hear some of your issues are being helped with your plan. Glad to have you here on the boards. Everyone is so helpful.
Kat

becky7474
Mon, May-07-12, 07:26
Welcome!! :wave:

Babette R
Mon, May-07-12, 09:15
Thanks everyone!! Glad to meet you :)

mviesprite
Sun, May-13-12, 00:38
Babette, How is it going? Will you be starting a journal?
Kat

Babette R
Mon, May-14-12, 08:59
Hi mviesprite! I've been thinking about it .. pretty bummed today - I gain a pound and have NO IDEA how it happened??? I track my food on fatsecret and i'm making sure my fat stays at 65-70% ... but, my blood sugars are still going down - so that part is great.