PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...Step in the right direction??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nicsanchez
Tue, May-01-12, 03:59
Hi everyone, I am hoping this forum is going to be my life line, to keep me focused on my weight loss :thup:

I am at my heaviest weight 208lbs (uploaded photo), would like to get to 150 or less, I am sooo tired of being 'tired', joints aching, feeling lethargic on days off, giving in to temptation all the time...having no get up and go :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am getting married in August 2014, its a couple of years off....enough time to get myself to peak condition (I hope!!) ...The last thing I want, is everyone at the wedding saying, OOOh hasn't she done well losing weight for the wedding!! Aargh!!! ....No chance I want, people to see me slimmer and healthy 'me' a good year or so before!

I also have a fiance, who has no motivation either, so I am hoping if I start this journey, he will follow the plan, or at least choose a healthier lifestyle..I don't want to impose my choice on him....but it does not help, when his buying pizza, crisps and choclates!! ..any advice on theis matter would be appreciated. (Thank you)

If there's any folks out there, roughly the same weight who have success stories, please get intouch, I would LOVE..LOVE to hear how you did it, and how you've got on!

Thank you!!
Nicky (manchester uk)

LoriJ1782
Tue, May-01-12, 06:54
Hello and welcome! You'll find this forum is a wonderful source of support and inspiration!

I have a somewhat similar story with my husband. He had always scoffed at low carb in general and was always bringing terrible food into our home. After a while though he saw me losing and feeling so much better even when the scale didn't budge that he started to see the light. Sort of! He's now following a semi low carb plan. He still eats brown rice sometimes and crackers this week (left over from a party we threw over the weekend where I didn't touch them!) He eats mainly fruits and vegetables (mostly vegetables) and meat and has ditched all his cookies and cakes and sandwiches :) Sometimes just seeing us get healthy is enough motivation for our loved ones to want to get healthy too!

raven132
Tue, May-01-12, 07:11
What has worked for me is being really strict about grains and dairy. If I can stay away from these then the rest is gravy. Right now I'm at about 90% paleo. I love it, don't feel deprived, and have all the get up and go I need. Husband is not on board and comes home with junk all the time. When I slip up I just don't beat myself up over it and remind him that it makes my life much easier if that stuff doesn't stick around. Good luck and congratulations on the wedding!

becky7474
Tue, May-01-12, 10:08
Welcome!! :wave:

Nicsanchez
Tue, May-01-12, 11:00
Hi Lori,Raven & Becky..

Thank you for the tips, your support and kind words mean alot, I will keep you all posted on weekly progress...

Nicky x

mviesprite
Sun, May-06-12, 23:01
Hello and welcome - I am a bit late to the party LOL but wanted to say hi and encourage you. You'll find so much support and information on here. I think it is making a big difference for me this time around, having support. Starting a journal is a great idea - it is so helpful to have people stop by and cheer you on and give good advice.
Good luck to you and great that your fiance is coming around as well!
Kat

shehnaaz
Mon, May-07-12, 05:03
hi, i just started today also. and i know how u feel. my hubby and kids are soooo thin - and eat throughout the day. my kids are teens and always come home with pizza, kfc, cakes and all the other junk. so i know how u feel. i have tried so many diets and keep failing. i think this time coz my dr said cut back the carbs for health reasons i plan to take this seriously. wish u all the luck and together we can do this.

Nicsanchez
Mon, May-07-12, 08:57
Hi Shehnaaz,

Thanks for message lovely :) ..First week out the way, resisited all temptations, even with the other half wolfing down carbs in front of me....but funnily enough..no cravings!

Had flu for the fist week, so the only thing which may have slowed weight this week, may have been all the lemsips & throat lozenges...but, on a positive I have lost 5lbs..Yay!!

Good luck on your 1st week lovely, look forward to hearing about your fab results.

Nicky :)

Nicsanchez
Mon, May-07-12, 08:59
Hello and welcome - I am a bit late to the party LOL but wanted to say hi and encourage you. You'll find so much support and information on here. I think it is making a big difference for me this time around, having support. Starting a journal is a great idea - it is so helpful to have people stop by and cheer you on and give good advice.
Good luck to you and great that your fiance is coming around as well!
Kat

Thanks lovely Kat for your message, I like the idea of journal, I may try that one....hope your having a good week.

Happy Bank holiday Monday!

Nicky

freckles
Mon, May-07-12, 10:39
If there's any folks out there, roughly the same weight who have success stories, please get intouch, I would LOVE..LOVE to hear how you did it, and how you've got on!

You can read my success story by clicking on that green button at the bottom of my post (and there are many other inspiration success stories in that forum). I started out about your same starting weight and had the same goal weight. I've got to goal 3 times since 2003. It's been a LONG road and this forum has been a big key to my success.

I have the same problems with having a hubby and two teenage boys bringing the carbage into the house. It's gotten easier over time. My best advice is to understand that stuff is pure poison to you.

Congrats on your success thus far!

mviesprite
Sat, May-12-12, 23:45
Nicky how are you doing? Congrats on 5 lbs! That always feels good. Will you start a journal? They are so helpful.
Kat